Air Tanker Use

4 Likes

Meanwhile Coulson is moving along with out govt inference on there 2nd of 3 recently acquired transformations.

https://fb.watch/nJEPWlBVSR/?mibextid=v7YzmG

3 Likes

It’s interesting they’re using 138 when that was already assigned to the 737 fire liner that is with New South Wales Fire and still registered under n138cg?

2 Likes

Anyone know what they are doing with 131? The last few evenings they’ve gone out and done a few laps from 6 to 8.

1 Like

Likely proficiency flights.

2 Likes

I’d comment but there’s a paywall to the SacBee so no buano.

3 Likes

Simple solution is reader mode.

2 Likes

Not sure if T910 went to Oscoda for heavy overhaul/repairs or to be decommissioned?

2 Likes

Well, 0HT and 9HT have come to their contract ends, both early up 7:30 this morning 0HT leaving Millerton for McClellan and 9HT Mariposa to Vegas.

6 Likes

We lost our Billings ship last week. Montana bound for the winter.

6 Likes

Just came across this press release that Fortress’ mag chloride-based aerial retardants won’t be getting a contract with the USFS for 2024 due to corrosion issues. The original founders, who included several old-school California fire leadership just finished selling the rest of their company to major investor Compass Minerals last year.

6 Likes
6 Likes

**Formerly T-162 **

5 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

Martin Mars night drop 2009
I was on Night AA then, we had the Martin Mars doing sunset dropping on the ANF over Fire In canyon. It raised RH up to 60% for crews in bottom.

7 Likes

What are some links to track air resources?
I have been typing “tkr” into flightradar24 and can find all the air tankers in the air at that moment. Interested in knowing what is available across the country

1 Like

Use ADS-B Exchange and filter by 1255 squawk.

ADS-B Exchange

7 Likes

Can you isolate all the Tankers copters and helitankers with just one or 2 letters or squawk?

2 Likes

There’s an App called “Waterbomber” for IPhone, it will even setup alerts for certain aircraft when they pop up on radar

5 Likes