CA-ANF-Lake

VLAT from Phoenix, 4 type 1 air tankers and 2 type 2 air tankers on order

1 Like

Estimated from ABC7 footage. This is for reference and not for tactical decision making. Mapped between 1200-1700 acres. Having difficulty mapping through smoke.

https://caltopo.com/p/283T

3 Likes

Nice estimate Shrek. I concur with location based on ABC7 feed. Well south of Pine Canyon. So, no structures threatened yet.

2 Likes

It’s headed NE until that column collapses and pushes it out

2 Likes

Adding 3 More Alpha ST for Structure Defense.

1 Like

1 Like

6,000 acres

2 Likes

It’s on both sides of Lake Hughes Road, so this is not correct.

AA reporting second fire NE of Lake fire

I’m going with Shrek’s estimate.

2 Likes

LAC 117 reports 3 acres in light grass out in the desert.
EDIT: LAC 117 just upgraded their incident requesting additional resources. LAC Battalions 6 and 11 pretty busy now. Asking for air assets too. Will be interesting to see what they get.

Holy cow… the fire is above the Canyon Meadows Church Camp “summer camp” on the NW side of Lake Hughes road!
Super rough estimate.
Maybe 6 sq miles now… roughly 3,800 acres?

1 Like

Based on ABC7 footage, I concur with that super rough estimate. The Lake Hughes community may be impacted soon at this pace.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Updated with better camera views 3400-3900 acres, I think 6000 acres would put it almost in Lake Hughes. Again this is for discussion and not for tactical decision making. Did not the sparse fuels from the Powerhouse Fire hopeful will prevent a direct hit to Lake Hughes. But the Powerhouse did blow out into the desert before stopping.

https://caltopo.com/p/4U4Q

4 Likes

3-minutes ago, BC6 requesting five additional Type 1 Strike Teams for structure protection in Lake Hughes, Lake Elizabeth and Pine Canyon. Total of ten Type 1 STs

AA is ordering six additional Type 1 copters

3 Likes

1 Like

Sources CNG

Per LAC Sheriffs Office: Mandatory Evacuations in effect for residents in the Lake Hughes Rd w/o Pine Canyon and s/o Dry Gulch Rd area

2 Likes

From a CF Deputy Chief flying home from Sac

8 Likes