CA-BDU-Alabama???

Definitely getting well established. With the expected tcells moving through California today, these fires may get dramatic later.

1 Like

BDU Instagram page stated another fire near Bairs Creek near Manzanar

2 Likes

Mapped at 420 acres by Intel Aircraft.

3 Likes

I did a few crew projects at Manzanar when I worked at OVY Camp. That creek on the south end of Manzanar compound. The wind is not your friend when its start blowing in that country.

3 Likes

SOPS advised no more LAT’s available and asked AA if he will take a VLAT.

Affirmative on the VLAT

7 Likes

FIRIS

6 Likes

Lead plane is dropping tanker 105.
Things are starting to look alot better.
AA is talking with the IC about the possibility of not getting a relief AA, and if they should go to Bishop and refuel or just make it a copter show.

3 Likes

Fire has slopped or spotted in a few places. Tanker 78 is attempting to encompass them into the fire.
Stating he only has enough to catch one of them.

AA went to Bishop for fuel.

Still talking about a VLAT being on order, but have not seen one come up yet.

1 Like

Fire is chunking through the retardant in places per the lead plane.

1 Like

Lead plane only has 60 minutes left on station. Asking about the status of the VLAT that they ordered.

2 Likes

T-914 enroute with an ETA of 13:34 :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Why hasn’t this isn’t been started in the IA forum

Any updates for resource list?

Any member with the appropriate information can create an IA thread. Feel free to start one with the information provided here.

4 Likes

Tanker 914 is on scene

1 Like

AA-440, T-914, 95-HT And T-163 working this. A thunderstorm has formed south of the fire bringing winds up to 40 MPH .

2 Likes

Does anyone know if they are making any progress on this fire?

Created an IA thread

3 Likes

as per new AA: fire looking good, 914 making one more drop, in bound: then just a helio show picking up hot spots

3 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes