CA-BEU-River

2,000 Acres 10%. CAL FIRE IMT 1 Assigned. With an ECCST.

747 just left after two dumps. Was very surprised they used it as dark as it was

4 Likes

We are having trouble with the server. Please post pictures in the Q&D thread. thank you

4 Likes

Live video: https://kion546.com/weather-authority/wildfires/2020/08/16/cal-fire-monterey-county-regional-fire-district-battling-fire-sparked-by-lightning-strike/

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: CA-BEU-River???

2800 acres and 10% as of 0600 per CALFire

2 Likes

As seen from Rio Del Mar State beach

1 Like

Rio Del Mar in Santa Cruz? Looking west-ish?

Looks like off shore thunderheads?

Definitely not thunderheads…thats looking south east…lived here my whole life, know the area well !!!

2 Likes

Sorry bud, large TS off our coast. moving NW .

OPSSSS Imean NE

Interesting. I thought Rio Del Mar ran NE-SE, and the pic seemed to be looking straight out over open ocean, which would face it SW out toward the ocean.
looking SE would be looking almost directly “down” the beach, parallel to the beach.
I must have mistaken the beach location or photo orientation.

MODS move to Q&D applicably :man_shrugging:t3:

Checkout Windy.COM

Type VI Engine Strike Team enroute from Kings/Fresno Co mixed local Gov. XKI-5052 F

6 Likes

5178 F type 6’s enroute from Tulare County Op area

5 Likes

image image

2 Likes

Looks like long range spot or maybe a burning op starting on the southeastern corner. large dozer line was put in place that area last night River Viirs just north of Limekiln road

Edit @ 12:53.
AT advising of fire towards the bottom of div D. AT trying to see through the smoke, Heard something about firing op. Dozer line isnt completed on Delta

1 Like

Todays IAP

1 Like

Todays Ops Map

Edited @ 17:18
Capture

Lots more activity on Div L, also hearing reports that the fire is now south of Chualar River Road almost to Limekiln

18:25 Edit:
one type one and one type 3 en route to Limekiln for structure protection

1 Like