CA-BTU-PARK-2024???

BZ…From his description he was likely watching the previous feed from earlier. (linked earlier) (replay).

2 Likes

124,948 acres per FIRIS flight.

2 Likes

In the first 24 hours, this fire surpassed the largest fire of the 2023 California fire season.

10 Likes

The Dixie was a “Mega Fire” for a number of reasons, which I will not elaborate on. These “anomolies” may be not so unusual anymore . I have deep respect for all putting their lives literally on the lines. But , from a standpoint of available , burnable fuels , the Park Fire is whistling Dixie.

13 Likes

I can see new footage on FB now…don’t know how to get a link over here.

2 Likes

First 6 figure fire of 2024…120,000+ acres

3 Likes

Is Chico AAB still functioning?

2 Likes

Maybe in California…Oregon has already had one that was 265,000

5 Likes

Not sure of capacity, but they were running the Md-87s and S2’s most of the day… Still are

1 Like

What time did this start yesterday? Approx.

1 Like

Watch duty started at 2:55 pm/1455

1 Like

this might be it… potato phone quality though

3 Likes

That’s some big flamage!

Screenshot_20240725_184428_Chrome~2

6 Likes

another spot up the hill on the right

2 Likes

Park AA states updated acreage at a little over 125,000
Hwy 32 is holding. No spots south of the highway per FIRIS

4 Likes

platte mtn 2 camera is showing a small smoke to the NE when it rotates around. pretty far out too

2 Likes

KCRA just did a sweeping view on their live stream (again, I am looking on FB). It seems to confirm the fire has not jumped Hwy 32, but definitely took out some homes adjacent to 32.

3 Likes

In the previous live feed above here it showed a spot across Hwy 32 and crews working to pick it up which they did.

5 Likes

youtube link to the live

3 Likes

Just reported by Structure Group East of Platte Mtn. Lookout, approx 1/2 acre at this time

Edit: Spot Fire approx 1 mile from head of the fire, across the canyon

3 Likes