CA-BTU-PARK-2024???

823 is inbound from SHU.

1 Like

It looks like there will be consistent wind on it for the next couple days at least

4 Likes

Buddy took these photos from his home above Oroville. About 25 miles as the crow flys

3 Likes

Rather large heat signature showing on the GOES view…

1 Like

Down here in XCZ we are on the bubble to deploy…

3 Likes

Using caltopo near sensors I was able to map the fire at about 45,000 acres already. Has anyone else done this? Feels way to big.

2 Likes

I have yes I did in 2020 for SNF creek, very varied results, I wouldn’t call it reliable by any means

3 Likes

On the questions tab Calfire reporting 1500 at around 8:30

2 Likes

Calfires website/social media always seems last to update.

5 Likes

Dude it’s not even 3000

3 Likes

If it’s over cohassat road as mentioned earlier from the origin to there, same width, is close to 4000…

5 Likes

Okay awesome thanks for the response. I thought it seemed excessive.

4 Likes

The current official acreage is 1,500. That is some hours old. This will be mapped by FIRIS shortly. Let’s wait for the over flight and not speculate on what we don’t know. Additionally, this is the IA thread for verified intel. Let’s proceed, please

UPDATE: All acreage speculation posts have been move to the Q&D thread.

7 Likes

I believe Cohasset Comm Site is going to have a good show before it’s consumed by the fire.
With the heavy timber stand around it… It would be good to see the overnight fire front. If it stays on the air:
https://alertwest.live/cam-console/1896

22:10 picture:

3 Likes

KNIFE26, another NVG from Mather, is inbound.

2 Likes

Im pretty confident if you read my post I’m not claiming it’s that size. I even said it feels way to big. That’s why I asked if others have used it.

3 Likes
1 Like

i believe team 3 is up, any word from them?

1 Like

Sounds like they were able to get all vehicles out of Cohasset through the top to Hwy 32, no need for Helo extraction

Edit 2307: Some vehicles do not have enough fuel, SO is going to start Helo evacs from Campbellville helipad

5 Likes

CalFire website is listing it as 6,465 Acres @ 22:30 but as noted above, these estimates are usually low and late

2 Likes