CA-BTU-Swedes??

Usally it a planning meeting for next day

This is an Initial Attack fire. No briefing or formal planning meetings.

5 Likes

Thanks. That’s what I thought but I didn’t want to assume.

Request for 6 dozers

North Valley Animal Disaster Group is activated. Animal shelter at 2279 Del Oro in Oroville. Hotline (530) 895-0000

if you view present time, you might reconsider. those are spot fires and are getting well seated. also spotting at head. do not have ability to post but go to Alert and you decide.

http://www.alertwildfire.org/shastamodoc/index.html

2 Likes

Updated

I think you are spot on. zoom a little out and what i see is the monster is spotting ahead as well as the flank. pray all stay safe out there.

Spot appears to be growing

agree. well seated and growing

20190907_211211_rmedited
Building

On the State parks feed some of those look like vehicles

Looking at the State Park feed, you can see vehicles driving around. I agree, I don’t think they are spots, the smoke is going straight up.

Those are vehicles at structures closest to the main fire but there are several established spots beyond them.

2 Likes

as the brushslasher stated makes since, and is a bold objective. they are in a better position to analyze fire conditions and safety zones than me. however, some of those spots are getting a little brighter. firing ops, spots growing, or head lights pointing into camera??? Just stay heads up with good aggressive fire work

1 Like

Are any of you having trouble clicking on links? Majority of them send me to the website then new all white page promptly pops up totally blank then makes you restart app because you cant go back? Thanks

2 Likes

Ya, I get that too.

1 Like

Any update on acreage?

They won’t really know until after the IR flight that’ll happen later tonight.

1 Like

I’m not sure they got the IR flight tonight. N149Z was over TGU around 7pm then went to Walker and north to OR then landed Boise. Unless they get real lucky with time of day and can get the order in, or it’s directly on the way to another scheduled fire, they might get an IR scan on the first 24 burn period. Otherwise the request has to be made well ahead of time to get on the schedule and the flight planned.

Any map tomorrow morning will be sketched from the local IC/Ops and their ground truth intel/GPS tracks that comes in over the night or if an agency ship mapped it.

3 Likes