CA-CND-Stagecoach??

1 Like

Last I heard the original request was 2 additional fixed wing (4 total) and Porterville had ordered 3 additional helo’s (4 total). Not sure if they are all still on it.

2 Likes

FB_IMG_1596504998511

1 Like

1 Like

She appears to be gaining some steam

2 Likes

It’s moving to the North East, definitely looks like it’s gaining some steam.

1 Like

1 Like

Is there a site to find the IAP for this fire? TIA

Sorry, there are no IAPs posted yet, at least where “normal” retirees have access to them, only map products. Based on the IAP map it looks like a lot of indirect is/was planned in Thompson Canyon. However, to me, it looks like there is a lot of latency between NIROps and product generation. Let’s just say I expect to see the often used phrase of PSCs, “Change in acreage due to more accurate mapping.”

1 Like

Thanks so much

1 Like

…And the IAP map itself is posted under the main “Continuing Fire/Incidents” thread on this site.

I am sure that we will see the often used phrase of “adjustment to acreage due to more accurate mapping” as the fog of war lifts and products become better. Us Monday morning quarterbacks need to show grace during the initial stages of assuming management. I also realize the difference between what we called “map acres” and “cow acres.” But, think this one through and tell me how I am off. If it was estimated at 6,700, that means we need roughly 10 1/2 sections within the lines. I don’t see that, but maybe I am getting old and missing something. That’s a huge amount of latency. Of course when I started the PSC would toss us a Topo and a dot grid overlay and tell us to have it back, accurate, in 45 minutes.

3 Likes

https://www.rntl.net/sierralookoutcams.htm

Using the very expensive scoopers today???

1 Like

NE? Is it going to bump the burn scar from 2010 Canyon Fire? Piute Mountain Road & Saddle Springs Road?

No, more eastern, doesn’t seem to be doing much today

7 posts were split to a new topic: Air Tanker Cost vs. Payload Discussion

Is icp at camp 9?

High school in Lake Isabella…

2 Likes