CA-KNF-China 2??

CodeRed001Blue

8m

Can someone please start a new thread for CA called the #EvansFire. Evans Mtn area south of Hwy 96 - Seiad Valley Siskiyou County. 2 lightning fires. One fire is at 5 acres and the other fire is at 5-7 acres. Watch Duty [watchduty]

Use this for the Evans Fire, We can also start a Lightning thread for KNF,SKU if needed.

3 Likes

Renamed to China and China 2. One fire holding at 5 acres. The other is 30-50 acres with high ROS

2 Likes

This is now being listed as the China fire on Watch Duty. They’re reporting there that one of two fire is holding at 5 acres while the other is 50 acres with rapid ROS and torching.

2 Likes

I can see this becoming a “tilt” the state resources north year again. Anytime Six Rivers or the Klamath burns… :thinking:

4 Likes

I agree. Plus with the expected weather today and tomorrow any new start could become an issue. Probably be another long season. Should start getting Happy Camp setup now!

4 Likes

100% Pure speculation on where and size disclaimer. It will might be two camps, yreka fairgrounds and happy camp when this fire gets to 100k acres.

9 Likes

Spent one of my last fire career seasons camped out at the Gasquet airport and the Yreka Fairgrounds. These things definitely present many difficult fire control issues, and safety concerns for both the public and firefighters. Gasquet finally wound down with the first measurable rainfall…. Folks, be safe! There’s not a single forest worth losing a life over. LACES at all times.

6 Likes

China + Evans fire at 350 acres

5 Likes

9 Likes

My two cents would be ICP in Yreka at the fairgrounds and complex it with China and Evans branched and have camps. Main reason is connectively and access to support resources. The park at Happy Camp is not the best. But we’ll see what happens the day is yet young.

3 Likes

China2 getting a lot of fixed wing support for a while, S2’s out of FOT, LAT’s and VLAT out of MFR.

New starts popping up on the SHF might divert some.

4 Likes

China going good right now

2 Likes

From North Ops News and Notes at 1940:

500 acres, brush and timber, 0% contained. Active fire behavior with short range spotting. Structures are threatened with evacuations orders and warnings in effect. Highway 96 is closed. Critical infrastructure and cultural resources are threatened. road, area and trail closures in effect. A Red Flag Warning is in effect through Sunday for abundant lightning on dry fuels. Type 2 CA Team 10 (Mack) is assigned, transfer of command to T-1 IMT planned on 07/31 at 0700.

6 Likes