CA-KNF-Yeti (Formerly China 2)

A wrapup of our maps and interpretation of existing intel for 8/4/22 for #McKinneyFire and #YetiFire is on The Lookout. McKinney and Yeti Fires – August 4, 2022 – The Lookout

4 Likes

Evac orders….

https://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=CAZ081&warncounty=CAC093&firewxzone=CAZ281&local_place1=Yreka%20CA&product1=Evacuation+Immediate&lat=41.7312&lon=-122.6357#.YuwcvhZlDDt

3 Likes

Per the ops video “we successfully brought fire down to our line. We had our catchers mitt established and held the line” extremely descriptive I think and paints the picture :muscle::muscle::muscle:

11 Likes

Since we have a resource assigned I have been building Data packages daily for this incident for TAK use. maps.takserver.us

7 Likes

Our 8/5/2022 - 7am livestream of intel from #YetiFire and #McKinneyFire is viewable on YouTube at https://youtu.be/kxYKf0NMfz4.

8 Likes

Data Package posted at maps.takserver.us

4 Likes

Saturday Evening Update:

The Yeti Fire (7,570 acres, 0% contained) continued to slowly make its way downhill toward the Klamath River on the north flank as crews worked to strengthen containment lines along the southern perimeter. There still are some small pockets of unburned fuels along the river’s edge and crews are actively patrolling the Highway 96 corridor day and night looking for any spots that could threaten the road.
On the south side of the fire, from Joe Miles Ridge in the southwest to Grider Creek in the southeast near Seiad Valley, firefighters mopped up from previous line construction and firing operations and firelines are holding well.
Crews will continue mop up and patrol efforts throughout the night and remain vigilant for any spots outside of containment lines.
The Alex Fire now is 85% contained and remains 151 acres. Crews will continue to mop up and bolster lines were needed.
There was a Red Flag Warning and Fire Weather Watch issued by the National Weather Service today for the area of the McKinney Fire. These alerts do not currently apply to the Yeti Fire and Alex Fire areas.

4 Likes

Here are some severity images of Yeti from yesterday. Looks like a lot of the lower north slopes got good fire, and some upper slopes got toasted.

7 Likes

data package posted maps.takserver.us

5 Likes

data package posted at maps.takserver.us

1 Like

data package posted at maps.takserver.us

1 Like

Yeti 7,886 Acres @ 78% Containment Looking very good!
Alex 151 Acres @ 80% Containment Looking very good!

Todays Ops Map with both fires and resized for mobile/limited bandwidth downloading:

9 Likes

Hello my crew was on this from day 1 until today. I was part of all the prep and burning on the SW side of the fire (DIv ZZ), and the tie into the river on DIv AA. Just wanted to confirm that I saw a lot of good fire out there. Much of the area we burned had been previously thinned and piled. With the additional prep it burned very well with the exception of some torching on the upper slopes where it came together with the main fire. I Thought it was awesome the team went for the small box and all the folks that went into the operation killed it! The mop up was getting quite cold when we left. This was a big win for the team, community and firefighters!

36 Likes