CA-KNP-Complex (Contained)

Don’t have the TF# or assigned equipment, but Tulare County Fire has a task force heading up this morning. My FC son is taking a WT.

4 Likes

IR from last night

2 Likes

Shoe string / IA is an understatement.

IROC Orders
1 IHC, 1 Pending
9 T2 I/A crews Pending

CF has a AREP and now 5 Limas assigned

The 209 is telling…

8 Likes

Per the “shoe string” posts… OES has been trying to round up resources for the past 36 hours, but with little luck. Given the Dixie, Caldor, etc., the burnout factor is significant. I work for a LG fire department. I did 32 days on the Dixie, returned straight to work and covered the station for many days while we sent resources to the Caldor. I have a standing invitation to go out as a STEN, but a long season lies ahead. Bigger, earlier, longer fires coupled with far, far fewer firefighters than 20 years ago is taking a toll!

15 Likes

Same here , bags are packed and ready to go. Pull the lever boys let’s go!

7 Likes

KNP Colony (roped into the complex?)
Air Tactics 168.400
Air Ground 162.1875, 168.3375
Rotor vic 121.075

two victors assigned to KNP Complex, 124.425, 128.225.
Likely ordered after they complexed the fires

7 Likes

Photo taken last night from Lake Kaweah looking towards Three Rivers. (Photo by firefighter/medic Bryan Marsh.)

10 Likes

Posted last night’s IR here:

8 Likes

https://fb.watch/83uc-H3ZLB/

Blue Team’s update from this morning.

5 Likes

Prepping for the worst and hoping for the best.

5 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: CA-KNP-Complex???

Come in guys please keep it on topic. Arm chair quarterbacking has no value on the fire ground. We’re observers, not team members here.

10 Likes

Ops Map

3 Likes

Blue teams morning update.

https://fb.watch/84E9gmAK0Q/

2 Likes

Spot well established in Halstead Meadow across Generals Hwy. NE flank of Colony Fire. Must be a lot of fire growth pushing north that’s not showing on caltopo.

I have heard on the Sequoia USFS patrol that same traffic on their channel. Putting at Red Fir but, same area. So, both Park command and FS units reporting it.

Johnsondale RAWS; (south of this fire)
1PM Gusts to 21mph out of 180 south (help pushing it north)
RH 13
Fuel stick 5.7 Fuel temp 98
Temp 83

IC requested AA up over the fire and the request was denied due to smoke levels obscuring the ground.

1 Like

Looks very active from buck rock.
http://www.alertwildfire.org/sierra/index.html?camera=Axis-BuckRock2&v=fd40740

FYI, ramms goes17 hasn’t updated since 9am.

3 Likes

The column from buckrock cam is very low over the site. Big build off Tobias cam.

Branch 1 says his pulling the resources to Hume Lake. That’s a long ways north of this. Was operating out of Lodgepole.

4 Likes

North Ops will be using Hume lake as a base camp, like they did in 2015 for the rough fire.

5 Likes

Hume lake on the rough fire lasted only hours , they had to move to camp sequoia lake - off the 180 , closer and better access to town and time into generals hwy , plus a safer retreat if if runs that far

The camp they had in Squaw Valley seemed pretty huge to me. [93675 on 180] lots of Semi Trailers, camps and such.

2 Likes