CA-LNU-Mark???

New start on Hwy 128 near Montecello Dam and the Blue Ridge Trail (West of Winters, CA)…

ROC was 1-2 acres RROS due to topography and requested Canyon Creek RV park evacuated. Request CHP to shut down Hwy128

Winters FD has a first alarm and additional LG units from Solano responding

BAT26 is IC in unified command with CAL FIRE

TAC is VFire 22

2 Likes

Stranded hikers that are going to be air-lifted out by CHP H-32. This will add complexity to the air operations

4 Likes

IC advising at least 2 hikers on the trail they’re attempting to locate and possibly need air rescue

LG radio traffic here:

2 Likes

Additionally, AA110 was diverted enroute to the Complex to this new incident. A new AA is being ordered via NOPS. Tankers are in very short supply. UTF the 2 additional AT requested.

UPDATE: The AA will return to the Complex and assume this fire as part of the total resource requirements and priorities.

1 Like

Was waiting for that name change!

The Complex IMT is taking control of the Mark under the East Complex will run this new fire as part of the overall Complex which will include prioritization of all the necessary resources, both air and ground.

1 Like

10-15 acres with potential for “several hundred acres” per 1419 at scene

2 Likes

On Yolo Green they keep calling it the Markley IC

2 Likes

This is a LNU controlled incident. LNU has this named as Mark, as part of the East Lightning Complex.

1 Like

Yes, sounds like Mark Fire is the official name - NIFC is calling it that on the maps, too.

1 Like

About 20 acres
All grass transitioning to brush

(I have a cabin nearby there and it’s such a dry area. Total tinderbox… :grimacing:)

The Mt Vaca 8 camera is looking right at it, however, there is so much smoke in the area from the Complex that it is indistinguishable.

http://www.alertwildfire.org/northbay/index.html?camera=Axis-MtVaca8&v=81e004f

Its in the Wragg fire burn scar from a few years back. If they can keep it on the north west side of the ridge they’ll be good anything east will put structures in its path.

1 Like

i think the atlas peak cam is pointed toward the mark incident as well http://www.alertwildfire.org/northbay/index.html?camera=Axis-AtlasPeakWest

Negative, that’s the Hennessey. Atlas West has been pointing at it since the start and hasn’t moved

2 Likes

hmm my targets on the map must be off