CA-LPF-Alisal??

Good shot of fire behavior under the column this morning. This appears to be the east side of the fire just above Refugio Rd around Circle Bar B Ranch. The Sherpa Fire burn scar would be visible out the right windows of the ship as it flys up Refugio Canyon.

2 Likes

Anyone have a rough idea of outstanding resource requests for this incident?

1 Like

My kid covering TUU since 0430 and their ST from TCU just got toned out to this fire.

5 Likes

hope they still teach fire history to the young folks as part of training. Rufugio canyon has a bad history with sundowners.

8 Likes

Don’t forget Romero!

4 Likes

yep, took some of ours it did.

Copy That, ran Handcrew and cut line in that country. I text him about what u just stated earlier in the day.

1 Like

6 Likes

Did McGowen’s team ever take the fire?

News and nots says tomorrow the 13th at 1000 in briefing

4 Likes

Fire is now 15,442 and 5% contained. Still moving in a easterly direction and 50mhp winds predicted. McGowen’s Federal Type 1 Incident Management Team will take over this evening.

16 Likes

I was on two fires there. Both were tough assignments and unusual fire behavior. I had also been assigned to the Romero fire in 1964. Terrible situation there too.

5 Likes

Romero Fire in 1971?

Yes, my mistake. The 1964 fire was the Coyote fire. Another scary adventure.

1 Like

The Coyote Fire sent me from the USFS to LAC. The wonderful time spent at Pendola and Hildreth Peak were game changers.

1 Like

10/14/2021 - 6:30am. We’ve posted updated maps for the #AlisalFire on The Lookout. Fire spread 2.5 miles west and 1.25 miles SE in 24 hours. Maps based on infrared overflight captured at 9:30pm, 10/13/2021. https://the-lookout.org/2021/10/14/alisal-fire-10-14-2021/ #AlisalInc

7 Likes

Thanks for the update and FYI, a couple dates are missing a ‘1’…"Here are images of the Alisal Fire based on an infrared overflight on 10/3/2021 at 9:30pm.

The fire spread about 2.5 miles to the west since it was mapped 24 hours earlier, on 10/2/2021"

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: SOPS Name Requests