CA-LPF-Lake?

Take the Santa Maria Way exit, it is off the frontage Rd. South and East

3 Likes

Welcome to California where people don’t really think 3425 ft counts as an actual mountain. :smiley:

rH recoveries tonight will depend a lot on where your at. The gradient may go from 100% to 10% within a few hundred feet of altitude and which side of a ridge you are on. Probably should not expect good rH overnight recoveries above 1500 ft.

Forecast SAT 11PM PT Humidity

7 Likes

Team 13 at Inbriefing. I would guess to takeover fire at 0600 tomorrow.

7 Likes
4 Likes

https://alertwest.live/tileset/14463

Same old same old (grass, refugio, santa ynez peak) but grouped as a set. For me, it makes it simpler to check in on the fire with cam tile sets.

8 Likes

ALERTCalifornia 15 minutes or so

1 Like

It depends on the availability of the aircraft equipped for this task. Right now it is shared by 7 other fires.

3 Likes

Inversion layer over the Santa Ynez Valley leading to poor visibility from most of the wildfire cameras this morning, except for Santa Ynez Peak at 4200+ feet. Column already capped out and it looks angry for today. Screenshot from the Alert Wildfire Santa Ynez Peak location, converted to black and white for contrast. Approx. 0831

10 Likes

Capping out this early is not good.

3 Likes

Does anyone have access to today’s 205?

2 Likes

Looks like pictures from Zaca, Zaca 2 just change the date.

8 Likes

6 Likes

I know there are critics of the Caltopo. Topographic Mapped Heat signatures are 3 hours ago. But with the smoke out conditions it helps to include this tool.

https://caltopo.com/map.html#ll=34.75006,-120.022&z=13&b=t&o=f16a%2Cr&n=1,0.25&a=mba%2Cfire%2Cmodis_mp

7 Likes

Does anyone know the impact to the Forest service station up there on Figueroa mountain?

2 Likes
2 Likes

As of about 30 min ago she’s still vertical with fire burned up against the north side of the station and just down hill from the station.

11 Likes

The Figueroa Alert Calif. Cam went off the air… was that mounted at that station? Visible was some siding of a building and a few ground mounted radio antennas in the view too.

4 Likes

Cant help but find it interesting how much the Lake Fire’s footprint basically runs parallel with Zaca’s infamous footprint.

8 Likes

I spent 3 days in the Wheeler Gorge years ago on a LPF fire. We saw spectacular fire behavior. Spent one shift looking out for our own safety. Let’s hop this fire doesn’t head that way.

2 Likes

Yes they are very similar, but the Lake fire is running east in the front country South of Figueroa mountain, and the Zaca ran north of Figueroa mountain.

4 Likes