CA-LPF-Lake?

Great Zaca 3 Fire.

7 Likes

I am seeing Sycamore Fire on social media, anybody confirm the name.

1 Like

17 years later… the fuels are probably ready to sustain fire again

4 Likes

LP has it as the LAKE incident.

4 Likes

Anyone have the frequencies up on scanner yet?

1 Like

IA thread here

4 Likes

That’s for those that know the first two Zaca Fires.

16 Likes

WildCAD / CALPCC calls it the Lake fire, Watch Duty has it as the Sycamore Incident, didn’t catch the SBC dispatch so I don’t know what they’re calling it yet…

edit: watch duty calls it the lake fire now

2 Likes

You may find the comms in the Ventura County section. They normally have a LPF component in there.

2 Likes

A/G 41 167.4750
LP FN T14 170.4625
LP TAC 3 168.2625
LP TAC 4 168.1250

1 Like

(Slight tangent: I cannot possibly be the only one that is utterly annoyed they’re going with such a generic name as the “Lake” Fire yet again, right? We’ve had literally two other infamous fires in California in the last 10 years named the Lake Fire. May have well called this the Zaca 2 Fire. Anyway…)

I’m old enough to remember the stubborn nature of Zaca’s burn pattern as it punked through that landscape for literal months (coincidentally igniting almost to the day of this fire’s ignition, July 4) but that was at least partially bolstered by overgrowth that hadn’t burned in much of that area since the Wellman Fire of '66. Maybe after almost two decades the overgrowth is pretty similar but it remains to be seen.

7 Likes

THAT BECAME THE SAME FIRE

3 Likes

KRN just toned out a response for 408 for it…

Current SBC resource list:

2 Likes

SBC name the fire sycamore but it is not in their jurisdiction. LPF named it the lake fire.

5 Likes

Life safety alert, powerlines down at the heel

2 Likes

I came and spend 14 days on the Zaca 1 fire on Heaps Peak Helitack to only return a week later and did another 21 days on the Zac’s 2! I agree with the name! Should be the Zaca 3!!!

7 Likes

Lets save the name discussion for another day guys. The fire name is the Lake.
lets get back to discussion about the current incident.

18 Likes

“Punked through that landscape?” Lol

5 Likes

Speaking from experience, when your center is getting blown up, and you trying to shag 911s and get the dispatch out, you often don’t have time to be creative with the incident name. That is why there are a lot of: Ridge, creek, oak, pine ect names. Try your hardest not to name it after a fatality fire, but beyond that it’s hard.

13 Likes

I’m in a good position to see it. The fire just crested a ridge on the western side. It is really boiling up too.

4 Likes