Resources:
Hazards:
Weather:
Radio channels:
Scanner link:
Webcam link: ALERTWildfire | Shasta Modoc

Nixle alert from Mendo County Sheriff Office:
Alert: MANDATORY EVACUATIONS MOORE STEER FIRE

MANDATORY EVACTUATION FOR THE AREA OF ROAD 144 TO 5000 BLOCK OF EASTSIDE CALEPLLA, PLEASE USE THE SAFEST ROUTE TO LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY.

There’s not much lake left this year unfortunately, but if it gets across it or skirts around the top it’s got room to run

2 Likes

Isn’t this a contradictory statement? The ten additional engines, being agency specific identified, mean they are not closest resource nor immediate need, by definition.

3 Likes

If some of the closest were volunteer staffed, would agency specific be a round about way of skipping those?

2 Likes

I am pretty familiar with Mendo County and I am confident that every agency in the County that can respond is already there.

7 Likes

HS…Yes and no. The number 10 is very specific allowing for reconfig into 2 ST if necessary. If they are all CF, then any available CF overhead can take the STL/T positions and be sent on any State mission. It is much more difficult and cumbersome to do that with L/G resources including volunteer equipment and personnel.

If need be we can break this out of the Incident into a separate discussion, but that is a significant piece of the reasoning.

8 Likes

Any info on structure damage?

Estimates I have seen is at least 10 homes.

I grew up within the mando evac area and that ridgeline has always been thickly covered in oak and scrub brush… there was a fire a couple months ago in the same area but they managed to stop it after only burning one home.

4 Likes

Yes, likely will be more.

Structure assessment starts today.

I’m up in that area a lot, too, and just glad Lake Mendocino got in the way. Also plenty of burn scar along Hwy 20.

3 Likes

11 Likes