CA-MMU-French

Appears to be a slope and wind change or reversal.

5 Likes

Apartments on Hospital road are being impacted.

2 Likes

Tanker are still dropping @ 20:40 a few have been released due to long return time to base.
All tankers off @21:00.

5 Likes

400 Acres per Watch Duty

1 Like

4 Likes

Copter 1NC as Helco is inbound with 3 night flying copters for… water dropping missions? @ 21:49

I see the 1NC from Sacramento but, looking for the others…not yet showing on FlightRadar24 yet.
Intel24 is inbound from Chino.

@22:00 copter Chinook N950CH is flying in the right direction from Truckee

Apparently there is a copter 9PJ on the ground nearby. Can’t launch without helco. The other copter will be 8PJ… hasn’t launched @22:26.

From Helco -Head of the fire is approaching the fair grounds. Helco needs fuel first…

9 Likes

Intel Live Feed could be pretty valuable to these guys right now.

2 Likes

Intel 24 currently over Visalia

3 Likes

Helco 1NC and night copters on CDF air 22 151.2875 , 0CH, 9PJ, 8PJ
Air Ground Command CDF A/G 1 151.220

3 Likes

Here is a 10:56pm perimeter of the #FrenchFire, near Mariposa, California.
The fire ran to the southeast, and has generally backed/flanked its way into town, rather than scoring a direct hit with the head of the fire.
Interestingly, the fire has run parallel to ridgetop fuelbreaks to the east of town, slopping over them in a couple locations.
Curious how night downslope winds may push the fire into town? Hopefully the fact the fire has generally backed into town has bought firefighters some time to prepare structure defense.
Source: FIRIS. 7/4/2024

Fuelbreaks visible in this image:

RH is coming up - up 10% to 29% in past 5 hours.

Pretty interesting historic wind rose (July only, 1990-present) for the Mariposa RAWS - it shows there is almost always a 1-4 mph north wind overnight in July between midnight and 5am?

Jerseydale RAWS, 1,500’ higher, to east shows more of a NNW early-morning flow in July.

17 Likes

842 acres per the early morning IR flight.

4 Likes

843 acres, grass and brush, 5% contained.

Per calfire update, Dozers and handcrews have constructed a fireline around the entire eastern side of the community of Mariposa. As fire activity moderates, firefighters continue to push towards and focus on the eastern side of the fire.

15 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: CA-MMU-French??

Div.A had a spot or slope over this morning. It’s contained with a hose lay around it.
Still see some smoke closest left flank in this cam shot… was bigger but, I didn’t hear
any traffic about it until now.
Resources continue to arrive.

AA C5 is overhead and I believe he readied T82 and T83 with a load and hold order.

3 Likes

It was a spot it was that closest smoke to the left there

3 Likes

XLC1205A enroute from the Thomas Fire. STEN ARC BC105, STEN-T LVN BC, BUR E11, GLN E21, MPK E61, ALH E71, ARC E105

5 Likes

AA C5 stayed on station for about an hour and released all aircraft. T82 and T83 available. C5 back at Fresno.

Update @ 13:50- Several copters are enroute for mopup missions on the fire. Little smoke shows on the camera.

6 Likes

908 ac. 20% containment per NIFC

9 Likes

Sitting here in Indiana with 60 percent humidity and everything green it makes me proud to see such aggressive IA it’s what we do awesome job. All the cooperation between the responding agency’s looked like it work very well. Great job you had your hands full and you folks stuck with it. I know many sound operational tactics were made in seconds and throughout the first night. Well done it’s going to be a long summer watch each others back and get that Anchor Point. MMU set the bar on the French fire. Stay safe 4401 Retired

24 Likes

From one former Chieftain to another, well said.

7 Likes