CA-MNF-xxx?? 2020

New topic established as a placeholder for Mendocino National Forest activity in 2020. As soon as more specifics are known, will add names, locations, etc

Note: I opened this thread due there being a posts in the 2018 Mendocino Complex Incident thread. If there is no further definitive information developed, this thread will be closed. As the OP is a new user, giving the person the benefit of the doubt. However, as there is much going on, we need to have solid information prior the creation of a new thread.

2 Likes

Resources on the Mendocino NF are starting to commit to active fire fight on the forest in the area of Middle Creek Campground.

Refresh everyone’s memory where the middle creek camp ground is located please

1 Like

I am unaware of any MNF incident at the moment. I have not heard any dispatch, no aircraft overhead, nor does the wildcad show anything. Also no Middle Creek Campground on the MNF. :thinking:

(edit) There is a Middle Creek Campground. Dang, that far corner of the forest is off my radar…

1 Like

Elk Mountain Road about 8 mile North of Upper Lake. I am not hearing any fire traffic on this, MNF or LNU local. Nothing on WildCad. https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/mendocino/recarea/?recid=25162

1 Like

NOTE: This thread is going to be closed due to lack of substantive information, the information from regular posters who know the area, lack of radio traffic, and no WildCad dispatch information.

For all newer posters, please collect as much information as you can to the OP so that the thread becomes meaningful. There is a lot of radio traffic out there right now and it is often difficult to determine specifically where the units are along with the locations affected.

Keith

5 Likes