CA-ORC/CNF-Airport???

Report of multiple structures burning south of the Ortega.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not to familiar with the area but from what I can see on heat maps it doesnā€™t look like the Holy footprint slowed it as much as one wouldā€™ve hoped? (Copied and moved accidentally posted to IA thread earlier my apologies to everyone)

2 Likes

Can anybody chime in on why the MAAFS arenā€™t flying this? Quick turnaroundā€¦

3 Likes

MAAFS need to be activated and put on orders. They arenā€™t staffed like civilian air tanker bases. Now that CA went back to a PL5 I would imagine these orders are in the works.

Edit: just noticed the governor declared a state of emergency which allows the army national guard to also be available, just like they are for the Line fire.

6 Likes

No aircraft is flying on the Elsinore side due to them being smoked out. Plus itā€™s a fight for aircraft with both the other fires going nuclear at the same time. I can see all three columns from my house and itā€™s very impressive.

11 Likes

MAFFS are flying fires in Ca.

3 Likes

IC requesting power lines on 74 from Grand Ave in Elsinore to OC county line be deenergized

3 Likes

Looks like a wind shift to more of a sw wind on the bell canyon cam

2 Likes

Is there a federal or CALFIRE team managing the fire?

2 Likes

No team listed on Cal Fire website. I believe OCFA has a local team?

3 Likes

I have friends in Lakeland Village. Thy told me the fire is now on the edge of the community.

1 Like

i thought i read thereā€™s no teams avail in the country, so I think OCFA is running it

2 Likes

Maybe on Fed side. State has IMTā€™s available.

7 Likes

Maybe no fed teams. But CAL FIREs got 4 teams not assigned I think. Not to mention the countless type 3 teams

7 Likes

ORCOā€™s Type 2 team

4 Likes

Taken from N Main Divide a few miles up from Blue Jay Campground, looking back on the Airport Fire, right, and Bridge Fire, left, in the distance. Serious when you can see flames from 50+ miles away.

19 Likes

California IMT2 (federal) will be in briefing tomorrow at 0900 to take this fire.

9 Likes

Snow Peak Camera 41 miles from the fire

2 Likes
3 Likes

Our op area tried to stand-up a STF today, but no available STENs in the region.

3 Likes