CA-RRU-Tenaja??

They can not load from a water source they have not seen in the daylight per department policy.

3 Likes

The night flying aircraft was unable to work because the contract says they must be able to approve the dipsite in daylight…so because it hadn’t seen the dip site in the day it was turned around.

1 Like

#TenajaFire near Murrieta, 1500 acres, 7% contained per press briefing

1 Like

Copter 531 from Angeles NF worked all night with AA51 as the lead plane

1 Like

The VMP’s for the last 5 years have been done deeper inside the reserve. That section hasn’t seen fire in a while. Any of the old-timers know the history of fires behind station 75?

2 Likes

There was a fire within the last 10 years believe it was the Cresta fire started near the visitor center burned along the Ridgeline behind 75 but didn’t go down the hill, it was a 100 acres plus. There was a fires in 1975,1981

That’s good to know. Looks like the weather today is about the same as yesterday, so the winds will be difficult to forecast. Hopefully that area will get some rain.

Quite a few type 1 and type 3 STs hit the road over night for day shift

1 Like

Also the S-76 (ORCO76) is the helco ship that leads the S-61(ORCO61) for the water drops and provides intel to the ground.

Anyone know what the radio channels assigned are?

Chief, just out of curiosity is there a trigger point for the type 1 team? Or does it vary on draw down and state wide activity?

1 Like

Temecula Cam shows activity, column building.
http://hpwren.ucsd.edu/cameras/I/hpwren-iqeye23.html

SMER Highland too:
http://hpwren.ucsd.edu/cameras/I/smer-tcs8-mobo-c.html

2 Likes

My guess we might see a team.

4 Likes

Anyone have an IAP for today or the demob list?

I am new to this whole fire thing but I can tell you that most if not all Cal Fire/CDC hand crews will be going in the morning.

1 Like

cdc hand crews go out on IA with there name and number (ie; Pilot Rock 2). when sent out as a crew strike team, two crews make up the strike team under a 4 digit number followed by a G.
I am not familiar with CalFire since I was LA County (only two agencies using CDC crews). hopefully a CalFire Crew Sup. will jump in and give you a more complete answer.

it would help if you can be a bit more specific such as which camp you are interested in.

You are correct. CalFire ST (Strike Team) numbers will always have a 9 as the leading digit, which indicates the agency. The next two digits indicate the Region and Unit number the ST originates in. The final digit is the ST number from the Unit. There will be a trailing letter to identify the type of ST it is, which will generally be: C for Type 3 engines; G for Type 1 crews; and L for dozers. Example: ST 9232 G would be the 3rd ST from CalFire Region 2 Unit 3, or the NEU Unit and is a crew ST.

3 Likes

We do have a lot of crews heading north either going to fires or covering camps behind them. We’re keeping crews at Ben Lomond, Gabilan, and Cuesta for the winds in the southern coastal mountains. We try not to leave camps completely unstaffed. We also have a staffing pattern in effect to ensure that all available crews are staffed and in pre arranged strike teams with a leader. I’m not sure if the CSR staffing pattern applied to dozers and engines, but I’d assume it will soon if not already.

1 Like

Its actually region then unit
Example
9 Calfire
2 Region 2
3 NEU
O First Strike Out
C Type 3 Strike Team
STC 9230C

2 Likes

9232 would be the 3 rd Strike Team
9230 1st