CA-SCU-Crews-2020???

Any talk of IMT?

Haven’t seen anything but there is a South Bay IMT that would likely get used prior to a Cal Fire team activation. Good chance they are already in place. All depends on what they anticipate.

1 Like

The South Bay IMT has been activated and is on the way. I don’t have any other details right now.

1 Like

I am at work in XPL and have not heard any strike team activation and we are first up. Where did you get your info?

2 Likes

Alameda County just punched out 2870 Charlie

XAL2870C in route immediate need

1 Like

I do as well, the wires might have been crossed as I’m not at work today. Saw a few posts about it but thought it was odd since we are supposed to be on the first out as well and I never got a phone call. Maybe someone heard NEU get punched out and thought it was XPL

After some digging that’s indeed what it was.

South Bay Type 3 team activation is now been stopped and a Type 1 Team has been requested for tomorrow.

4 Likes

Cal fire Team
6 should is lauching.

6 Likes

Question for the team. If Hollister is out of retardent, why not send S2’s to Santa Rosa??

Both bases closer air NM

1 Like

Thanks Flapjack. that is a surprise to me. Learn something new everyday.

I’m going to guess HAAB will be replenished with retardant by tomorrow morning.

2 Likes

Also if the distance is a toss up, or close, Columbia or Paso would be easier for the pilot. There is some complex airspace between the fire and Santa Rosa that could create a higher work load for a single pilot aircraft.

4 Likes

Are you sure XAL-2870 C isn’t OES-2870 C

2 Likes

It is an OES st

It used to be 4 hrs from phone call to semi-truck pulling up to the silo at PRAAB when that happened. Montsano in Fresno always made a priority truck available.

1 Like

Yes indeed. The current company (the company name is changing almost yearly now), formally called Monsanto, knows there is money to be made.

2 Likes

AA460 T79 T80 and 2 private copters (6LH, 1KA) are working the fire

1 Like

Looks like Tankers 86, 104 are on it as well with T137 out of Santa Maria inbound.

AA505 has been on station for awhile with AA460

1 Like