CA-SCU-Franklin??

In the one hour, the cows sure like they know somethings up…

https://www.alertwildfire.org/region/southeastbay/?camera=Axis-PinoleRidge

2 Likes

They’re probably enjoying the air show. The MD-87 just flew over my head on approach to reload at STS.

3 Likes

Glad to see allot of that area is still “rural”. When my ex interviewed at the golf course in 1980, he and the head pro ended up chasing cows off the course. He got the job.

5 Likes

Anyone have frequencies?

1 Like

Should be
SCU L
CDF TAC 2

2 Likes

Fire being attacked by resources from Rodeo-Hercules, Consolidated fire, Cal Fire and Pinole. Air resources from Cal Fire and Con fire are assigned too.

1 Like

What’s consolidated fire?

I think they meant contra costa county fire (con fire). Maybe people hear confire and think it’s short for consolidated?

3 Likes

Term from back in the day referring to what is now Contra Costa County Fire.

Yes. It was used as a dispatch ID also. Many still call them that.

Back in the day, they were called Contra Costa Consolidated Fire District. When they annexed Riverview Fire Prot District in the 90’s, both agencies now became whats today known as Contra Costa County Fire District. Its always been know by the short name of Con Fire (that their dispatch handle, too).

2 Likes

For information purposes and we can split this, if needed into a separate discussion of Contra Costa County Fire, as of July 1st, what used to be East Contra Costa is now part of CC County Fire

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: CA-SCU-Berry??