CA-SHF-Monument???

New Q&A thread for Monument:

Hayfork Divide:

http://www.alertwildfire.org/shastamodoc/index.html?camera=Axis-Hayfork&v=fd40731

4 Likes

Inciweb this morning reports 1000 acres with a type 1 team on order.

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7750/

2 Likes

I believe that is the McFarland incident. The other Hayfork camera oriented west is looking towards the Monument.

3 Likes

It has since been altered to NIMO team.

3 Likes

OES Type I ST from R-IV headed to the incident 0600 report.

XTB mixed Op Area ST Type III, with same reporting instructions.

1 Like

Any word if they are grabbing Strike Teams from the Dixie?

1 Like

NIMO does not have the depth to take a fire by itself. It is probably going to support the current team. NIMO teams are only comprised of command and general staff and usually will support a type 2 team.

4 Likes

Yes 2 Charlies and 2 Alphas from the Dixie tonight!

4 Likes

Any word on what strike teams they are sending?

1 Like

From North Ops 1800 update:
1,800 acres, timber, and brush, 0% contained. Active fire behavior with long-range spotting observed. Threat to structures, Monument Peak Communication Site, historical and cultural sites, Trinity River Watershed and Recreation. An Evacuation Warning has been issued for community of Del Loma and Big Bar. Fire is burning in the 2008 Cedar Fire footprint and steep rugged terrain. NIMO Team (Houseman) on order, scheduled to inbrief 8/2.

5 Likes

OES region 5 type 3 ST being punched out at 0600.

1 Like

OES 4804A was reassigned last night from the Dixie to the Monument.

2 Likes

OES ST 1880C Reassigned from Dixie last night

2 Likes

Believe AA just ordered 6 LATs and 2 VLATs…will be difficult competition between the various fires here for air resources, but did see two LATs got repositioned from the Northern Rockies this morning to the region.

3 Likes

Here is IR from last night (red) and night before (white).
Light blue burned 2008. Dark blue is fires since 2012.

4 Likes

3 of them filled with: T02 (Paso), T131 (FOX), and T914 (SMX)

2 Likes

This was as I was driving by on the 299.

5 Likes

I came through there today at about 1330. Looked like the wind forecast was correct and it’s turning mostly east. Lots of resources in place and moving in.

1 Like

2040: Multiple spots across the river around Big French Creek.

4 Likes

Where about on 299?