CA-SHF-Salt ???

New start showing from Sugar Loaf, just north of Lake Shasta.

http://www.alertwildfire.org/shastamodoc/index.html?camera=Axis-SugarloafShasta2&v=fd40729

2 Likes

That’s not good…

Called the SHF SALT incident off of coal creek rd and Gilman rd

2 Likes

SHF Salt incident. SHU just sent 5 engines. Watch the tin lapse. It has blown up fast for starting at 1330.

3 Likes

Looks like may have been structure or vehicle first, jet black smoke first few minutes. May fill in the unburned gap between the Delta and Hirz fires. There are a number of homes/cabins in that drainage where it is burning now.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: CA-SHF-Salt

Watching the Sugarloaf Cam it has spotted 1,000 plus feet to the north putting it on the upslope side of the drainage, well established and building. This is right in the sub division, Shasta SO working evacuations. Also another large black column on the down wind side just popped up.

3 Likes

When you throw 2 VLAT’s and 8 air tankers at a 50 acre fire, and it still gets away…. It is not the firefighters fault. Goes to show how conditions are right now.

Godspeed everyone

31 Likes

What wasn’t Receptive is now after these two heat waves. Were not even in July yet. Stay Safe everyone.

10 Likes

Don’t forget the copters with very short turnaround times

3 Likes

Spot on far left.

10 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: CA-SHU-Wonderland??

The south or left flank has chewed through the retardant line T910 put down early in the fir, all but certain it will go to I5 on the west side. A spot north-northwest across the lake bed, obviously a possibility would be a huge problem.

1 Like

Webcams and weather around Lake Shasta:

http://www.rntl.net/shastacams.htm

Question, if this continues to move in it’s path will it hit the Carr fire scare.

No. This is moving north away from Redding. Carr burned from west of Redding into Redding.

2 Likes

It’ll hit the hirz burn scar or the delta

2 Likes

Correct me if I am wrong but I think the Delta Fire was on the West side of the 5. Hirz was on the East. Salt is on the East side correct?

A month ago there was a fire burning actively in the Carr fire scar from the same year as the two fires, for what it is worth.

4 Likes

The Delta burned up the Upper Sacramento River Drainage, the Hirz went up the west side of the McLoud drainage and they met south of Mt. Shasta City. This fire will burn into the “V” they created. But as anvilhead said, both fire scars have plenty of growth to transmit fire. Any spot to the west side of the river in the Antlers / LakeHead side will be a huge problem and is a possibility.

1 Like

Hope they pan the sugarloaf cam to the left.