@Drptrch Caltrans district 2 cameras are all pointing the wrong direction

1 Like

Saw that. Thx.

What is the Command Net?

Most of today was SKU local… haven’t heard an updated com-plan

IA-CMD SKU Local

IA-Tac CDF TAC 7 & 8

(Tac updates)

Copy that. It’s on the Broadcastify stream. Just not sure which frequency it is. Thanks.

1 Like

CDF Tac 7, 8, 12 are the current tactical nets, per Yreka ECC just now.

SKU Local Tone 3 is still the command net. Staging is still at Copco Chevron station, Hornbrook.

Anyone have the last burn history for the area? I know they had similar pattern in 2014 during a lightning complex… anything more recent, besides yesterday?

Geomac fire history layers have a few smaller fires within in the current footprint, but most of the area doesn’t have fire history in geomac…

https://www.geomac.gov/viewer/viewer.shtml

2 Likes

Thank you!

I always thought that area looked like a tinderbox, I guess it was.

Right now, everywhere the grass has cured looks and acts like a tinderbox. Fires are going big fast in Northern California and the Great Basin in that fuel type. Seems like a lot of starts too…

My son is just getting off the night shift. They had been on the other remote Klammoth fire for a week, sleeping on the ground with no showers and eating MRE’s. They were sent strait there and worked all night. Had a hard night, but knocked the fire down on division P. They had to drive all the way to Medford to get a hotel room. With BO and MRE gas, the smell in the truck was so bad that they earned a room that the Forest Service rarely provides!

2 Likes

Anyone heard anything about Oregon resources? I heard ODF dispatched some engines have gone but I have not heard about Jackson and Josephine local government.

Well, I see this morning on IR that it is well established inside Oregon, looks like about 5 miles of flank.

It looks like the head has made it down to a sparsely built subdivision on Iron Gate lake, anybody care to comment on what it is like down there? I had no idea somebody would want to build a house in what appears to be such a remote area.

This would be Div. V according to the map.

1 Like

I think it’s a planned community that Erik Estrada is peddling, like Beautiful Lake Shastina or even more beautiful Whispering Pines on the Modoc. :wink:
801026DE-A043-4E48-A01E-3437B9387FE0

2 Likes

I believe this is an aerial
photo of a pot garden

Yeah I know. He wondered who would live out there and that’s who would.
32C7D370-85C2-467E-B111-70357415E10D
Hot weather & Free Water. What else need?
Probably the Mayor also !! :face_with_hand_over_mouth::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like