CA-SLU-Camino??

A post was merged into an existing topic: CA-SLU–Camino

Its ATAK i sent a DM.

4 Likes

Still looks nasty on the cameras, are they getting a hold of it?

2 Likes

They still have 1 VLAT, 2 LATs and 3 S-2’s assigned.
Might be only so much airspace.

5 Likes

I was thinking that or just time in the air

2 Likes

This incident and the one in NEU are drawing a lot of air resource requests. Trying to free up available aircraft for re-assignment.

3 Likes

TCU running a fire has Columbia tied up for a while.

6 Likes

Need some tankers available for IA since the Johnson fire in tcu now has Columbia tied up.

6 Likes

The Columbia tankers came off of the owens fire in MMU

5 Likes

Guessin’ the ramp at SMX is a wee bit busy — but it’s nice that 910 isn’t having to reload in San Berdoo…

3 Likes

Neither of those are the Ramona Tankers. T-70 from Ramona is on the Camino(I suspect they have a trainiee).
T-80 came from Hollister, and T-100 is the spare and probably came from Columbia or Hollister.

4 Likes

I believe T-76 was replaced with T-70 because it’s a training ship, but I might’ve misheard that traffic

3 Likes

Quite a bit of air resources indeed. This was after 76/78 were released and 910 is currently on the ground

2 Likes

910 is already back in the air… only off the fire for 30ish from drop to return. Not too shabby

4 Likes

From IC, 200 acres

5 Likes

Uploading: 221F241B-4068-4AE1-BE13-2851827369DE.jpeg…

1 Like

325 acres/30% contained, caused by a catalytic converter Per this morning’s official update

2 Likes

Any more specific about the catalytic converter, such as a vehicle parked in fuels, or was the CAT coming apart and spitting hot debris into the fuel?

1 Like

The info on the incident information sheet posted in the IA forum simply states catalytic converter.

3 Likes

The local news station (KSBY) interviewed CalFire for last night’s broadcast and they referenced finding “catalytic converter material” in the apparent area of origin. I interpret that as a cat failure vs. just a hot cat on the fuel.

5 Likes