CA-SNF-Creek-2020???

That section is holding pretty good.

3 Likes

Thanks Slasher

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing as captmacc and Srffsc…
I use a different layer, and I know it isn’t an accurate acreage footprint, but that heat signature is almost as big as Lake Tahoe!
(captmacc, I believe we are -7 hrs from GMT.)
@ 16:30 (23:30gmt)

7 Likes

Just saw a size estimate on Twitter putting this at 36,000 acres, you guys hear anything like that?

Correct. Check the IA on this one. Someone just posted official release.

3 Likes

Is this area heavily packed with bug kill timber?

2 Likes

Yes - both sides of the river

1 Like

Looking at that heat signature, Looks bigger than 36,000 acres. Plus the heat in the column is quite impressive. Guess us here in Nor Cal should just get used to more smoke for the next 2 months

https://rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/?sat=goes-17&z=5&im=12&ts=1&st=0&et=0&speed=130&motion=loop&map=1&lat=0&opacity[0]=1&opacity[1]=0.5&opacity[2]=0.5&hidden[0]=0&hidden[1]=0&hidden[2]=0&pause=0&slider=-1&hide_controls=0&mouse_draw=0&follow_feature=0&follow_hide=0&s=rammb-slider&sec=full_disk&p[0]=cira_proxy_visible&p[1]=band_07&p[2]=band_13&x=13525&y=3393.796875

2 Likes

reminds me of 1987 2 months of smoke

1 Like

Any have links to a current map of the fire line near Huntington? Wondering if we can get mala from the briefing supposed to be happening at 2000 hrs.

Is it moving close to the dusy trail?

It’s moving faster than they can draw

7 Likes

“Current” of course being relative. Just haven’t seen anything more recent than mid afternoon and I think everyone can agree those will be nowhere near accurate.

4 Likes

Any updated maps on the fire?

1 Like

IR flight around 21:30.
Hopefully a map soon.

2 Likes

IR map showing 45,000

6 Likes

2 type 1 teams have been ordered. One calfire and one from northern Rockies

4 Likes

Mike NR’s is pretty clise

Thunder and a down strike alert, Pyrocumulus?

Fed team from great basin

2 Likes