CA-SNF-Ferguson (Was MMU/SNF-Ferguson) (Contained)

It’s all column. Here is another photo from my house 25 miles north of the fireAA13409A-CDB2-4209-AAAB-027FA2CC99D2

3 Likes

I think the white part is monsoonal generated with the fire smoke being in front of it (the grey band). Could you clarify where on Highway 120 the other photo was taken?

1 Like

The photo was taken 25 minutes ago. You can’t tell from the photo, but there are two very defined bases under the primary areas of convection. It certainly could be mostly thunderstorm, but the colors here make it look more similar to pyronimbus🤷‍♂️ It looks exactly like the Rim Fire did when it made it’s big run

3 Likes

Well, then the Ferguson Fire has clearly become two fires. And if the air tanker drop could be seen from Highway 120 then the fire spread is much further than reported, unless it was hitting a separate problem.

2 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see the IR maps in the morning

3 Likes

2 Likes

Those white tops are from thunderstorms over ynp and the east side of snf. I’ve been looking at those since 2pm from millerton lake. I could also see the bigger column on the south side of the fire which capped for awhile.

4 Likes

Air attack 51 enroute for mapping mission.

3 Likes

Those look like cumulus overtimus clouds.

4 Likes

AA51 also doing lightning recon from florence lake north to mammoth lakes.

2 Likes

No mapping from 51. Headed west towards Stockton now.

2 Likes

Well… The firing op on the south end looks quite aggressive.

5 Likes

Great photo

2 Likes

The column has collapsed. The Pyrocumulus just disappeared in the last minute.

1 Like

Looking north from Huntington lake

3 Likes

Hearing about some late night spotting on Romeo via Air Ops. One spot is ~4 acres - somewhere near Kirby Peak and Vista Lago Ln. Maybe 6 total spot fires, south of dozer line. Link to general area: http://arcg.is/1u81by Source: https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/2278

2 Likes

New evac orders issued for triangle rd. One spot fire 28 acres with a spot 1/2 mile ahead of it closer to structures. N40Y is over the fire.

2 Likes

A significant order for type 1 strike teams was made last night/this morning for the structure threat off Triangle road, created by the spot fires on the west side of the ridge that was being fired last night.

3 Likes

2 Likes

The spots in DIV-R (Darrah area) are now 300+ acres according to DIV-S. Making runs south of Triangle Road. No control lines south of Triangle Rd.

1 Like