CA-SNF-Ferguson (Was MMU/SNF-Ferguson) (Contained)

It’s going to be unlikely to get IAPs posted because the USFS doesn’t put the IAPs on the FTP server because of the phone numbers attached

1 Like

Correct :wink:

1 Like

Sounds like the Fire has spotted North of the North Fork of the Merced River drainage. Looking for air support to try and hold it.

Edit: 1 of the spots is over 10 acres…So I doubt it is going to be caught.

4 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: CA-SNF-Ferguson?? (Was MMU/SNF-Ferguson??)

One spot they are making progress on, the other spot is 250-300 acres

3 Likes

The Fire crossed the Merced River at Miller Gulch. It is running hard uphill.

Fire has spotted to the north side of Hwy 140, which puts it now into Stanislaus NF territory. All available copters on the incident working the spots. Lead plane + atleast 2 S-2 tankers ordered. 1 spot fire is now 250-300 acres.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: CA-SNF-Ferguson?? (Was MMU/SNF-Ferguson??)

MMU is dumping immediate need resources to the Ferguson for the spot

East spot sounds like it is the big one. Not making progress with ground crews and are switching resources to try to catch the west spot.

2 Likes

The heat signature is massive and appears to be strongest on that northeast corner
http://rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/?sat=goes-16&sec=conus&x=750&y=4119&z=4&im=12&ts=1&st=0&et=0&speed=130&motion=loop&map=1&lat=0&p[0]=20&opacity[0]=1&hidden[0]=0&pause=0&slider=-1&hide_controls=1&mouse_draw=0&s=rammb-slider

2 Likes

AA requesting 4 LAT’s and 1 VLAT air tankers.

1 Like

For those that could use a visual on where Miller’s Gulch is https://twitter.com/pjdohertygis/status/1020450640374317056

4 Likes

Does anyone know what Division the large spot is in?

1 Like

I don’t have my IAP from Tuesday on me…but I think it’s division M???

4 Likes

They were sending all the additional resources to Alpha

2 Likes

If it’s not already there, it’ll be in the Telegraph burn soon. That was in 2008 and almost made it to Buck Meadows and Greeley Hill. That will all be 10 year old brush with preburned manzanita intermixed and a pretty heavy grass crop intermixed as well. The “good” news there is that there are several fuels projects in that area and all the dozer lines are still mostly there

2 Likes

Pulling the pin on evacuating El Portal. Getting that process started.

1 Like

That should be DIV A image

2 Likes

Looking at visible satellite, the Fire is developing a pretty good Pyrocumulus. It looks like it is being influenced by T-Storms that are just off to the east of the Sierra Crest. I would think this is causing outflow winds that are moving the Fire North and West.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: CA-SNF-Ferguson?? (Was MMU/SNF-Ferguson??)

Division Alpha

3 Likes