CA-CND-French???

Based on time lapse, this started 50 minutes ago just before 1615. That’s some scary impressive fire growth.

2 Likes

Affirm but they were restarted

2 Likes

Spot a ways out front. I was about to say the fire is just over 2 miles from structures on Sawmill rd. in the Isabella Highlands neighborhood.
Maybe less than 2 miles at this point.
Not looking good.

1 Like

That spot is running hard.

1 Like

@ALERTWildfire can we zoom in a little on this webcam?

http://www.alertwildfire.org/sierra/index.html?camera=Axis-RockyPoint2&v=fd40729

1 Like

Has anyone heard of any resource requests?

Whose ships are these for night Ops? Cal Fire?

H-407, 408 are Kern County’s helicopters.

3 Likes

CF not in the night flying bis yet.

2 Likes

Some how it seems I started this Q&D thread. However I started the Wagy flat area “Shirley” fire thread 5 days ago from a separate start in the same area of this “French” fire. It was merged into this…maybe it was a hold over heat/escape??
Not that there’s anything wrong with this merge.

I was out of coverage of internet access when I heard this French fire start.

Check the caltopo map link here in the morning. It should populate the heat signatures soon.
https://caltopo.com/map.html#ll=35.70342,-118.47997&z=11&b=t&o=f16a%2Cr&n=1,0.25&a=mba%2Cfire%2Cmodis_mp
I it doesn’t get berried in many more posts.

I posted in here originally due to the proximity to the original fire and the fact that the first fire was small. I suppose a MOD just rolled it over since the Shirley was small and there was likely-hood the new start would just consume it’s small burn area.

Air to ground 41 not sure about victor. Anyone got a pocket card for the area?

1 Like

Did they order up any brbs?

Do you have the frq. for ATG41?

State mission Type 6?

County patrols on a state number

3 Likes

CAIIMT 12 assigned to this incident. In-Brief tonight at 1800 at Kernville District Office.

167.475 should be AG41

1 Like

Anyone know of a good scanner feed for the fire today?

1 Like

Kern County Fire, but you get a lot of other trafic.