CA-STF-Peak???

Multiple CalFire strike teams being punched out this morning to this. May be just to replace resources currently on the line.

4 Likes

Activity picking back up. H-517 and Tankers 82 and 83 to the fire.

4 Likes

The fire is now 118 acres per air attack.

2 Likes

2 Likes

AA is going to place the air tankers into supporting a hose lay going up Div.Z . Feels that this will have good effective effort.

Reporting 4 spots outside east flank.
Requesting 2 Type 1 tankers. ETA 14:00

3 Likes

Looking on WD some LATS coming out of MCC. Been flying the S2’s all morning. Hope we get more BIG stuff on this and be done with it.

It’s just way to HOT and Dry for October, pray we don’t get any type of wind unless it comes with rain.

8 Likes

AA is running tankers to support left flank up to 412 road along with STF dozer building indirect line as well due to increased fire behavior. Try to hold the east spread.

5 Likes

Looking at the camera, this thing has definitely picked up a head of steam in the last hour, specifically the last 15 minutes looking at the time lapse. Unfortunately weather is going to still be in the mid to high 90s until mid next week(in Sonora).

2 Likes

https://ops.alertcalifornia.org/cam-console/2418

Getting hungry

5 Likes

AA states Indirect dozer line is being challenged but holding. There are some firing operations being conducted.

7 Likes

I live not far from here… what’s the likelihood of this thing getting away from them?

2 Likes

I turned in my crystal ball when I retired.

12 Likes

Hahaha dang.

2 Likes

Good day NorCalScan… a little intel please
Do you have the extended attack air operations frequencies? All I caught was AG Command,

Not much further traffic out of the STF Command/Ops nor the AG Command. At least that bodes well.

3 Likes

Look at the webcams and decide for yourself!

3 Likes

I hear you but it’s difficult to tell from the webcams. I can see when fire behaviour increases, but hard to tell whether it’s moving or just eating up residual fuel in the area.

3 Likes

Look at the wind direction and weather models. Always be prepared for something stupid to happen.

3 Likes

An increase in smoke production (fire behavior) can also be due to firing ops.

4 Likes

311 acres this morning from South Ops.

5 Likes

Any updates? Not much info coming out.