CAL FIRE Unit Assignments ? New Engines?

Hey everyone.

Hope you all are enjoying your off season. Just wanted to see if anyone has station and engine assignments for CF units.

Also I “heard” CF is getting 15? or new engines to the fleet. Anyone know where they are going?

Engine numbers change all the time as new engines come down the pipe. What was front line yesterday become reserve engines for the unit. And what was a reserve engine becomes a camp engine. And camp engines become excess and are sold to other Fire Agencies or are sold through the CA DGS auction at the CF Davis automotive facility. It is really hard to keep up with all the changes. But you might try calling each unit. As for "15’s, CF used to make model 14’s and 15’s but now they just produce model 34’s. They are all 4X4’s, so no model 35’s.

1 Like

Just going out on a limb here but I’m guessing 925 was referring to 15 (quantity) additional engines and they were curious as to where in the state they will be assigned to.

The number I’ve seen is 13 additional engines. They are being asked to replace engines that were lost in the 70’s. As things have changed significantly since then, doubtful they’d all be going back to these same stations.

In regards to them actually getting the additional engines, Newsom is advocating for it and it has support in the leg so odds are it’ll happen. Sen Mike Mcguire from Healdsburg (LNU) is strongly pushing it so I’d lay money on LNU getting at least one of them.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I was referring too. I now heard 60 plus B engines will be added to fleet. But trying to see what stations they are going too.

Really? Make 21+ long distance phone calls?

1 Like