California Fire News & Weather

“Climate change” and “it is always fire season in Southern California”.

12 Likes

The year "historically normal " returned.

5 Likes

Is it just me or does everyone else cringe when we get into these types of convo’s - bcuz it just feels like mother nature listens and is always ready to weigh-in…
Exhibit A:

5 Likes

I have said, “Don’t say stuff like that, God is listening.” So I guess, yes, I do think like that sometimes.

4 Likes

A lot of deep movement downdip on the CSZ in the last week, including a 2.5 at 42km depth. This surface fault rupture could be a sign of a lot of stress on the zone in general…

4 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: California Homeowners Insurance

A lot of intense Lightning activity over western Nevada and the very east slope of the Sierra’s Sunday afternoon.

5 Likes
2 Likes

It never ends.

4 Likes

First, incinerate our hometowns. Follow up by procuring rate increases so we can pay for the system upgrades and maintenance that should have been covered by the money transferred to executives and equity holders.

Perpetual Greed & Extortion ~ this is what we get when “regulators” allow the privatization of an essential public utility. Also what we get when we allow such “regulation”.

I live just outside of Greenville CA.

14 Likes

For one the PUC should not allow an increase in rates. #2 Anybody that has PG&E for power pays a monthly fee for infrastructure maintenance. #3 secret_mtn pretty much sums it up.

10 Likes

I concur with @secret_mtn and @ffviking

7 Likes

I can throw some fuel on the fire.
What about the aircraft that are operated by and for the PUC? PUC starts the fire, their aircraft respond, they get reimbursed for the aircraft responding.
They are getting paid to fight the fire they started.

3 Likes

I was speaking with a friend of mine who went fed to PG&E. I don’t begrudge him but he told me he got a 25,000 dollar bonus at the end of last year. Why is anyone at PG&E getting a bonus when they are raising our rates to cover for the damage they have done. Btw the ceo makes more than Apple’s. How does that work?

5 Likes

Because they have control of us. Just like are government.

4 Likes

Who are the shareholders of PG&E? I venture some of you might be in your retirement plans.

4 Likes

Just think good old Pete Wilson in 96 backed deregulation and they promised 20% lower rates by 2002. Then two years later when they were charging 20% higher than 95 and got asked about it we got rolling blackouts as a gift for questioning them.

We should bring back regulation.

4 Likes

:+1: and maybe we need to move this to it’s own thread

14 Likes

Uhm yeah! Bcuz there’s no putting them worms back in the can. The b.s with Pg&e and the situation in Ca goes deeeep! Yep, we the people have legislated them into the position they find themselves now and it’s beyond un-nicery to say the least! “Our” collective voting input has brought us all right here right now. I’m almost more mad at myself then at the utility. Its legal greed - a model of business that allows for a company to extort all of it’s customers, literally $ for power. Wonder how much of the bills we pay are being used to increase the pace of infrastructure hardening for coming environmental disturbances? Or is it mostly going into executive perks & pay? Are they becoming more proactive or are they stuck in the same old model of reaction? Safety Power Shutoffs? Peak/times & pricing bingo AND the rate change voodoo speaks to their legal ponzi scheme. Its bananas x 100! #Triggered! :wink:

3 Likes

I agree move it. But don’t take the frustration out on the PG&E ground troops. They are just doing a job like we are and it’s pretty dangerous. Take it up with the way upper management of PG&E. Write your Senator or Congressmen and local officials.

Interesting comment about the Copters idrathitbesnowing!!!

9 Likes