LNU Complex 2020 North Zone

Engine and BC stating they were on Jerusalem Grade rd, structures already involved, residents refusing to leave, and some may already be entrapped. Moving Evacs to west of HWY 29, to include Hidden Valley in Middletown.

2 Likes

What scanner like did u hear this on?

1 Like
1 Like

Broadcastify CalFire LNU

Task Forces from Oregon heading out immediately to Napa Valley

5 Likes

Hidden Valley Lake community is being evacuated due to the activity from the Morgan fire. Fire in Jericho Valley…Can anyone confirm?

2 Likes

yes was reported new start jericho valley 1000 acres critical rate of spread, unit and bc stated structures involved jerusalem grade with residence refusing to leave

3 Likes

Poss new start near Stonyford…AA 140 headed to recon

Mandatory Evacuation Order
The following Evacuation Order has been issued for the North Zone.
An evacuation order has been issued for Highway 29 at the Lake County line to Silverado Trail, Silverado Trail to Highway 128, Highway 128 to Chiles Pope Valley Road, Chiles Pope Valley Road to Pope Valley Road, Pope Valley Road to Butts Canyon Road, and Butts Canyon Road to the county line. This includes the communities of Angwin and Deer Park.

2 Likes

Just heard radio traffic about some type of work up on Oat Hill Mine Trail. Said if that doesn’t hold will have to consider evacuations in Calistoga.

3 Likes

Thanks for clarifying, I was trying to sort out the “mine trail” part.

1 Like

If they can’t hold it across the Oat Hill Mine Rd, there is nothing to anchor to between Aetna Springs and Calistoga. Likewise, once it exited Aetna Springs on the East side to the South, there is nothing to anchor to between there and Howell Mtn Rd, which is very tenuous to hold from. There is a road known as Ink Grade, but the canopy covers the entire road so that isn’t even a consideration to check it there. If it doesn’t hold there on Howell Mtn Rd., it will go all the way to Chiles-Pope Valley Road. That will stop it as it is all black from there South but there is a lot of real estate in there and a lot of homes, ranches and wineries. It is for this reason, the communities of Angwin and Deer Park, including St. Helena Hospital are under mandatory evacuation orders.

6 Likes

The brush in that area is thick. Timbers as well as light flashy fuels. There is also a fairly steep slope coming up from Pope valley into the Angwin area.

Wasn’t familiar but from the map looks like Oat Hill is just a fire road that wanders up into the Palisades.

Good luck to all.

It could be dozer improved but some of it is volcanic and not very trackable. That used to be a system of 4WD trails in there but was closed to vehicular traffic in the late '80’s

4 Likes

OES 6848A from XSD dispatched to Calistoga

2 Likes

Anyone else hearing updates on this?
Scanner traffic is getting a bit shaky, think I heard that the Morgan fire may have combined with the other fires…

Yes, all of the LNU Eastside fires, with the exception of the Aetna, which may well move far enough South, have merged into the Hennessey. The mapping today shows the Hennessey as the sole name for everything, except the Aetna.

2 Likes

LNU briefing just completed. It is now a 5 County complex. Video Available on their FB page. Stated Myers looking better, backing into Ft. Ross and at the Pacific ocean. Wallbridge/Stuart have merged, very active yesterday, significant structure loss. moving south today. Hennessey is now merged with other fires around Lake berryessa - all one fire. Crossed I-80 yesterday “lots of excitement” for a couple hours… 500-1000 acre “spot” on the south side of the freeway which has been tied up. Made a big run into Vacaville yesterday, but avoided major loss (in city areas) some fences and yards burned… they are continuing mopup and utility restoration today. Evacs remain in place. Pardon my summary for errors from my scratchy notes… https://www.facebook.com/CALFIRELNU/videos/2709928662667930/

7 Likes