OR-WIF-Cedar Creek???

This fire made a major run, 5 miles+ to the west yesterday afternoon. The VIIRS/MODIS data may be way off, but NIROPS IR shows a significant run on multiple flanks.

2 Likes

Is there any possibility you (or anyone) can post the IR info or any other map that might show what’s happening on the ground? The only maps available are on inciweb and they have been using the same map for the last week. Totally useless. I started out in this area in the 70s and have friends that live in Oakridge and Lowell so very concerned, as they are also. Apparently, not many fire geeks in R6 have discovered this website. Maybe we can get them started. Thanks!

Check out our YouTube Livestream from this morning. Cedar Creek and California Wildfires – September 10, 2022 – The Lookout

3 Likes

My understanding is that the IR flight was early last night and it only captured a fraction of the actual growth that occurred last night with the continued off shore winds.

1 Like

Thank you. This was very helpful. I’ll share with my friends in Oregon that are being evacuated at the moment.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like