Why we are here?

The days have gone down in the West. Behind the mountains and into fire. How did it come to this?

Manifest Destiny?

Is it too late to reverse climate warming’s catastrophic effects?

Side concern. Tomorrow will be a day of
days for fire crews in NorCal. It could be the same as black Saturday (Yellowstone 1988). I sure hope no one gets hurt.

5 Likes

Copy that, brother. These fires are gonzo.
My brother was hunkered in Indian Valley today watering down his place in the meadow, and it occurs to me, he was pretty much watching a volcanic eruption from his place this afternoon.
Let’s not kill anyone in next few days. It took 100 years for us to get into this place, and we aren’t gonna stop that train tomorrow, so let’s all take good care and ride it out together.

17 Likes

Believe it or not, The US has been through worse fire sieges than we are experiencing now.

In 1930 and 1931, over 50 million acres burned each year and during the 10 year (hot and dry) period from the late 1920’s to the late 1930s an AVERAGE of 30 million acres burned every year in the United States.

[Official Year-to-Date Wildfire Stats: Beyond the Rhetoric …](https://forestpolicypub.com/2015/09/01/official-year-to-date-wildfire-stats-beyond-the-rhetoric-hysteria

I never thought I’d see fires of the magnitude we’re having, but read your history…Pestigo, Hinkley, the 1910 burn…The Tillamook series in Oregon are all examples that come to mind.

6 Likes