2019 IMT Discussion

Sad to see the games being played by the district rangers. Team 14 and 15 could not meet the 12:00 In-brief. Either team could have made an 1800 but the ranger knew they could not make 12:00 thus he got his buddies.

1 Like

The fire was not shopped. Team 14 was in talks with the Forest. They felt that because they only needed logistical support, the Forest op’ed to bypass the team that was up on rotation for the closer located team. Team 14 had no say in the matter.

I hear what you’re saying, however that doesn’t make much sense. IMHO

Why have any rotation at all? Let’s just make it a geographic and popularity contest. Done. Pick your team.

1 Like

I agree! We all new this would fail
 I think this is just the beginning of the failure!

3 Likes

Yeah, the order was for the long team so they were looking for more than just logistics help. I think we all saw this when we first saw the rotation. Being on a Socal team, I thought it was funny that we could bypass 4 teams going to a fire in the north. The problem is, a decision needs to be made moving forward. We all try to make plans around the rotation, but when you hopscotch on call teams, then that may hamper a teams ability to respond because they’ve made plans around what they thought was their on-call time. Obviously that all changes when it’s really busy because any rotation goes out the door at that point. Ultimately I think it will all work out
there just has to be consistency in the process.

1 Like

Absolutely correctđŸ‘†đŸ»

Let’s see which team they send to the LP Fire. Oakland A’s?

Wonder which IC the Chief-1 and Forest Supv are besties with?

The natl rotation pdf has a couple errors. Both SW teams have had assignments and should have asterisks next to them. Meaning out of Regional rotation in the first round. NW team Allen should also have an asterisk however maybe something changed this year with AK/NW working closer together. If that’s the case the rotation needs to be changed to AK/NW similar to how Rocky Basin operates.

GACCs can mob these teams as much as they want within there region. The rotation is set up for out of region mobilizations.

1 Like

Yes, in the past the asterisks denoted that the GACC was out of the rotation for the current round. This year the foot note says “*Denotes teams currently on assignment”. That is a change. So far this year, they have been showing the asterisks when the team got assigned, and then deleting it when the team is available again. Makes me wonder why they changed it, and how they are keeping track of the rounds?

Oh snap. You’re right. I didn’t even catch that. Thanks.

I will go check the natl mob guide see if the rotation is addressed in there.

Travels2. Take a look at the national type 1 team rotation now. They changed it. It doesn’t look like it has in years past, however it’s now similar.

Who says high level regional and national types don’t monitor this site.

Thanks Travels for catching that and asking the question because it probably led to it getting fixed.

2 Likes

Okay great! Glad they got that straightened out before it got too deep. Probably just someone got their wires crossed. Gota keep on em! :wink:

2 Likes