9/11-Remembering Through the Years

The wife and I had just landed in Jamaica the day before. Our only concern at the moment we’re the three hurricanes brewing. Only one tv in the whole resort was in the bar. She had just gotten back from the front desk and told me there had been a plane crash in New York but had no other info other than that. Not knowing our world had forever changed we went to enjoy our honeymoon on the beach. It wasn’t until a local was advertising 2 for 1 lobster dinner and cnn coverage of the attack on America did we get suspicious. Lunch found us walking into the bar to see what all the talk was about. As we stepped up to the bar to order drinks the towers collapsed and the banner on the bottom played out the death toll of firemen. My heart skipped a beat, my stomach dropped and tears fell down my cheek. I was in total denial. The realization finally hit me like a ton of bricks that we were stuck in a place we couldn’t get home from til things got sorted out and planes started to fly again. Fast forward to today, I will never forget. Stay safe brothers and sisters. RFB 343.

1 Like

2 Likes

19 years later.

9 Likes

I lost friends in NYC that day.

Thank you to every single one of you who helped save lives, recover remains, and sacrifice your own health and welfare (as you do every day still) for our country.

You are loved and I am grateful.

4 Likes

I was on the Darby fire when this happened. I was River Group cutting line from the middle fork of the Stan to the top with two Mountain Home crews. Vallecito Crews were cutting from the top down to meet us. We spent the night on a helispot( if you could call it that) Capt. Rob Stone (RIP) made half way up in the canyon. That night the only thing we saw in the sky was a couple satellites. The next morning we needed a couple of long line drops but no aircraft were up do to a transponder number mix up. I believe around 1100 that got it fixed and the airshow was back on. We were in that canyon three stinken days and only heard bits and pieces of what had happened. When I got back to civilization and watched TV, I was pretty shocked on the events that had happened and were happening.

RIP to all who perished that day and to the 343 our Brothers and Sisters.

2 Likes

Yes we were!

7 Likes

And God Bless the service men and women, those who returned and those who paid the ultimate sacrafice to keep America free, and continue to do so.

7 Likes

Rest in peace to all who perished.
I was there and pulled several FDNY brothers from the rubble. Have a brother in law who was special operations and left for the middle east when I got home.
Something that I will carry with me the rest of my life.
Please correct the title of the thread to 19 years, not 17.

6 Likes

We cannot forget those who have passed on as a result of working the pile either. Their passing is equally as important and tragic as those who perished when the Towers came down

6 Likes

A somber day today…a couple from our deployment to ground zero

WTCbaldy

6 Likes

Ayman al-Zawahiri, a key planner of the 9/11 attacks and current leader of al-Qaida is dead.

“Justice has been delivered, and this terrorist leader is no more”

Thanks to our national security and intelligence apparatus.

29 Likes

22 years later…343-Remember Fallen Brothers

22 Likes

Amen Brother, and missed you at our Services to the North today.

1 Like

Sorry off topic looks like old YNP E31 in the back there

Thank you to everyone here for sharing there picture’s and there stories about that day and the aftermath.

1 Like

Nope both the Park engines were delivered new to MNP and JTP.

2 Likes