AB 1346 - Ban of small off-road engines.

Better start honing those cross cut saw and axe skills because there isn’t a battery saw alternative for what are present on the line right now.

1 Like

Newsome is an idiot.

25 Likes

Gonna take a guess that firefighting uses are not exempt from this brilliant mandate?

Yet CPF still endorses this genius of a Governor.

1 Like

And CF Union! Those new crews are going to have to have huge arms for those hand saws.

2 Likes

The Tree Care Industry Association says larger chainsaws are exempted:
“One silver lining is that chain saws with greater than 45cc displacement engines are exempt from CARB jurisdiction due to federal regulations, so many of the chain saws popular in the tree care industry would not be impacted by this ban.” Also pumps over 40 cc are exempted.

7 Likes

Some Portable and Floto-pumps included in the law. Maybe use solar powered :scream_cat:pumps for daytime only?
This Gov intends to punish everyone now, since they failed to recall him. What will be banned next, my guess is a ban on all off-road vehicles?

9 Likes

It’s gonna be a rough 6 years.

1 Like

Well, only in those blue like minded States. Remember, those red States are still in the majority across this country!

4 Likes

For many of us that live near Nevada, we have been shifting our shopping habits out of California for years.
(Think Gas Prices)! I remember when Cali banned 5 gallon toilets before the technology evolved to make a fine 1.5 gallon toilet Many plumbers went to Nevada for the 5 gallon option. There are too many examples of this sort of shift to list, but TCIM is right. Eventually California regulation migrates to other States.

3 Likes

They’ve banned assault weapons but cops still carry them. I’m sure that there will be exceptions.

3 Likes

Next will be a ban on rural communities that still use wood as there primary source of heat. There will be grants, and incentives as there already is, but just like CARB and the truck industry in 2007, we all laughed when they started saying compliant diesels and Exhaust fluid. Slowly but surely, lawsuit after lawsuit, they got there way. Unfortunately lobbyists from fields that you wouldn’t dream of throw money at these crazy laws and ideas. Won’t be long and a Hybrid vehicle will be in the mountain communities taking surveys and pictures and throwing out graphs that they will use as evidence. I lost all Faith when I started in the Bay Area as a FF and we were not allowed to use Charcoal for a Hotdog fundraiser. Keep fighting, hopefully there always an exemption that gives you a sense of freedom to enjoy the things you didn’t realize that you took for granted.

3 Likes

Look no further than UN Agenda 21 now 2030!!!

Stihl and Husky Dealers on CA boarders are going to be very busy.

3 Likes

And how big is that battery going to be to run a big snowblower?? As big as the blower?
First, lets fix the gas vehicles etc to use the technology we know has been bought up by the oil companies and manufacturers. Technology that would exponentially increase mileage and reduce emissions on new and older vehicles at a low cost (1943 MB jeep).
And where is this electricity coming from??
I wish I could move, but won’t be here to see it any way. Be Safe all.

Wait until they also add portable generators too!

2 Likes

It’s on there, currently some assemblyman and local representatives trying to get those exempted. Lots of open letters to big newspapers with good merit and reasoning

Like I have called this state for the past 20 years… the Golden State of Emergency.

For some light reading, go back to you high school years and re-read the classic, 1984.

8 Likes

Thank God im moving out of this state. Good buy.

1 Like

You Sir are Spot ON! To Slasher, back in the day running crew out of OVY. We were doing a project by Rainbow Falls out of Mammoth. We bordered the Wilderness and their crews were using cross cut saws. After two days working in close proximity to them. One of their guys came over and after a little negotiating my first saw did three trees for them. Whereabouts still unknown HA HA.

3 Likes

And in my time at the end of a misery whip, I have never seen someone from those lawsuit happy places (Sierra Club, Center for Biodiversity, etc.) at the end of one themselves; yet, they want the trails clear so they don’t get their white Nikes dirty on the stroll in nature.

7 Likes