Alerts

Can we get alerts via email or text? If not is that something that can be set up?

This site is great thank you for getting it figured out. WLF was a huge loss. This is actually a better set up and more user friendly.

3 Likes

we have a thread already going about this called notifications. yeah it sucks not getting push notifications. I believe wildandfire.com used twitter to push it. was very nice.

3 Likes

Push notifications are back up and running for the site if you are using the iOS mobile app.

1 Like

To get push notifications and “IA alerts” similar to what we had on the old forum:

You have five options with each Hotlist: they are ‘watching’, ‘tracking’, ‘watching first post’, ‘normal’, and ‘muted’

The notifications go to your phone, email, and even iPhone watch if you want!

**Pending the Android notification issues getting resolved, this probably won’t work for the non iphone users.

1 Like

Any chance we can get push notifications back up?

Troubleshooting this. We’re not sure why they are not pushing through the app.

A year or so ago it went down and I was told the certificate had expired

1 Like

That’s what I recall too. The APNS cert if I recall is a 1 year cert. We had notifications the first year. It broke, the admin found the cert expired and renewed it for the next season. And then it expired again before last season and we’ve been without since.

The efforts toward this site is amazing - thank you. Alerts would be icing on the cake. :wink:

Definitely a great addition

Do you know who the best admin is to connect with and see what we can do to get notifications back up?

@fire_geographer

1 Like