BK Radio Lapel Mic?

What is the best lapel mic for a BK dph/gph. I’m tired of the cheap ones my department has and looking to purchase my own. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

http://www.49ercommunications.com/Aqua-Miner-Mic-IP67(Submersible)_Replaces-Speaker-Mic-LAA0207-for-Bendix-King-Radio-DPH-GPH

Pricey but a good one…

1 Like

I really like the Stone Mountain lapels.

http://radio-accessories.com/PhoenixWATERPROOFSPEAKERMICBK.aspx

1 Like

Blockquote

What model do you have and what is wrong with it?

The current ones do not have a name on them! The speakers are beginning to “crackle”. We originally had the Relm/BK mics which worked.
I have no problem purchasing one for myself, but if I’m going drop the coin I’d like it to be with it and know this community has the experience to help.

So for I’ve looked at both of the referenced ones which appear to be leaps ahead of what I currently have.

It has been some years since I worked retail but back then they were getting annoyed with the ones listed later and going back to genuine BK. The ones listed first are private label and who knows what they really are inside…

ANY non OEM products void all warrenties. Stay with BK products. The only thing is BK does not make a mic to fit the Legacy models that has a Volume Control ( Hi/Lo switch)

ARC makes a mic that uses a modular connector /cord system that can be adapted to the older kings, the new KNG series and the Midland STP series. I’ve heard that the PTT sticks on them though, but that was a while back.

I wouldn’t say that, a warranty should only be voided if it was the thing that caused it to fail. For instance you could not void the warranty on the transmitter final amplifier if there was a normal speaker mic installed; however one with a separate antenna might be a different story…

That’s directly from BK. Not my words.

If you can, find an older made-in-Taiwan (not newer China-built) Bendix/King LAA 0207 speaker-mic. I had one for over 15 years, and just sold it with my GPH-CMD. The new Stone Mtn Phoenix speaker-mic is nice, but I find it to be a bit bulky/blocky. I’m trying one out on a KNG H/T. Some users have found the newer small black BK Radio speaker-mics (made in China) are prone to causing RFI problems.

Can’t go wrong with 49er comms in Nevada city. Great shop and great products