CA-ANF-Bridge???

Whatcha listening to?

1 Like

Wow tactical patrols!

4 Likes

Indeed MVU. Inspiration point is well to the west. That’s where it hit this afternoon.
Table Mtn had folks, and sent them into town.
Tactical patrol.
Hit it and move. No resources.
Keep moving.

5 Likes

Los Angeles v fire 1

Something like that…

3 Likes

Thanks, leaders intent, keep it moving …

2 Likes

Damnit :frowning:

5 Likes

Radio traffic indicates Frost Peak has critical infrastructure for the Antelope Valley and is being impacted very shorty. North Branch has no units to make it up there and states they are in an intense fire fight in all of Wrightwood and is concerned with losing all Comms if that site goes down

7 Likes

This a prime lesson of front-following

8 Likes

hey @anvilhead I think it is already close… evac orders for Pinion Pines

4 Likes

After seeing multiple vids from Mt. High and surrounding areas, not a bad tactic, fire is angry. Complete torching in some areas.

3 Likes

Evac warnings for front country areas, Upland, San Antonio Hts, Claremont recvd (my area).

5 Likes

Table cameras show fire has already past them

2 Likes

North Branch advising that 1111A has a few engines available. North Branch needs them immediate need to Lark and Cardinal/Oriole. They are in an extreme fire fight to save what they can.

2 Likes

Only problem is this was not expected this far east. It was 4000 acres this morning, and confined to Cow/Cattle Canyon. It went 31,000 in 7 hours and blew 10 plus miles as the crow flies in @ 2 hours. I predicted it up an over to the north, not this far east-in a day.
EDIT: meaning, limited resources to take action

7 Likes

Yes just quoting my post from yesterday from the IA thread.

7 Likes

Live stream driving through Wrightwood right now.
564FirePhoto

https://x.com/564firephoto/status/1833709110241746955?s=46&t=GTmdSGyqwA2X0mA88CUMKg

6 Likes

Good feeling for Wrightwood from 564Fire. Near the end of the video is Flume Cyn off to the left, where Cardinal is, and just a bit up is the zipline place. Most heat coming across AC2.
https://x.com/564FIREPhoto/status/1833707707830043074

4 Likes

Wrightwood from San Sevaine cam
:image

3 Likes

Any info if big pines vis and station made it

3 Likes

Defensive firing operations it sounds like in the wrightwood area

3 Likes