CA-ANF-Bridge???

Goes 18 comparison of 2000 hour over flight, Bridge vs Line?:

5 Likes

Looks like CIIMT 5is getting moblized for the fire

5 Likes

Just want to tangent about this for a second, but isn’t it kind of bizarre that we’re dealing with both the Line Fire and Bridge Fire as they parallel both activity and burn scars of the El Dorado and Bobcat Fire of September 2020? History really does repeat itself because the vibes here are practically identical.

That being said, my concern is now --like with El Dorado and Bobcat Fires-- these both could become very protracted events that take weeks to battle for containment…

7 Likes

Watching the Pine Mtn. Cam you can see resources moving along the Ridge Road. Below the road is mostly chaparral. Above is mostly Big Cone Doug. Hope they hold at at the road. It is pretty thick below the road and if making a stand on the road it will be tough. This is my back yard ride and hike and know it all well down into Tanbark and out to Sunset. Lots of intermittent hx but still lots of loading in that pocket.

6 Likes

4 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Aircraft Operations Q&A

Sep 9 at 10:47 AM

Update from Angeles National Forest via Inciweb:

The fire is 1,255 acres and 0% contained.

Current Situation: On Sunday, Sept. 8, at 2:40 p.m., Angeles National Forest firefighters responded to a reported wildfire in the San Gabriel Mountains National Monument in the East Fork area by Cattle Canyon Bridge along Camp Bonita Road. The fire is currently an estimated 1,255 acres with 0% containment. Crews continue to aggressively attack the fire with air and ground resources.

Overnight, the fire behavior was extremely active, moving south to Glendora Mountain Road. The fire is being held on the west end at Shoemaker Road. Today firefighters will continue to focus heavily on structural protection of the communities in the East Fork and preventing further fire spread to the south. Multiple agencies, including the Los Angeles County Fire Department, California Highway Patrol, and Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, are assisting in fighting this wildfire.

3 Likes

She just hit a stride and picked up steam. From my house, just below the fire

From Pine Cam

9 Likes

Current Evac Orders…

ScreenHunter 1039

3 Likes
2 Likes

Intel24 mapped at 2995 acres

5 Likes

Intel 24 back over the fire and mapped at 3786 acres

2 Likes

Big increase in activity, burning E/NE. Capping out.

5 Likes

Westerly winds have killed the inversion. Clear air over the area for the first time in days. The lid has been removed. This is why Baldy Village was evaced I imagine. View from Chino:

5 Likes

It’s a bad setup. The fire is in the watershed leading down from Mt. Baldy, and many of those canyons are oriented SW to NE, i.e. aligned with the winds at present. Baldy Village is straight east right over the pass that Glendora Ridge Road cuts through. Even if it misses the community to the south it cuts off all access.

6 Likes

Winds should hit about 3. Not going to be good.

4 Likes

they are hitting the Airport fire now and all the fires are increasing in activity

5 Likes

Been trying but not got a Comm Plan. Anybody have a link to Team 5’s box???
Edit…got it.
CMD ANF ADM 173.775
TACs are NIFC T1, T2, T4 and T5

4 Likes

MountainHighNorth1 cam!

5 Likes

Drift smoke…

4 Likes