Current Evac Orders…

ScreenHunter 1039

3 Likes
2 Likes

Intel24 mapped at 2995 acres

5 Likes

Intel 24 back over the fire and mapped at 3786 acres

2 Likes

Big increase in activity, burning E/NE. Capping out.

5 Likes

Westerly winds have killed the inversion. Clear air over the area for the first time in days. The lid has been removed. This is why Baldy Village was evaced I imagine. View from Chino:

5 Likes

It’s a bad setup. The fire is in the watershed leading down from Mt. Baldy, and many of those canyons are oriented SW to NE, i.e. aligned with the winds at present. Baldy Village is straight east right over the pass that Glendora Ridge Road cuts through. Even if it misses the community to the south it cuts off all access.

6 Likes

Winds should hit about 3. Not going to be good.

4 Likes

they are hitting the Airport fire now and all the fires are increasing in activity

5 Likes

Been trying but not got a Comm Plan. Anybody have a link to Team 5’s box???
Edit…got it.
CMD ANF ADM 173.775
TACs are NIFC T1, T2, T4 and T5

4 Likes

MountainHighNorth1 cam!

5 Likes

Drift smoke…

4 Likes

Yeah this is Bobcat 2.0

If you think this thing can’t make its way to Wrightwood, I’ve got a Bridge to sell ya.

11 Likes

Agreed Dripwoods.
Pulling 2 Alpha STEN and a Foxtrot in. Missed which Division. Thinking Baldy Village based on direction of smoke.
Division stating fire backed down into a significant drainage (Cow??) and headed back up to Glendora Ridge Road
Dozer teams loaded and headed out (eastbound) towards Baldy Village and Helco advising lots of spotting along that route and be prepared to get smoked out on the trip

7 Likes

Getting very dark near Wrightwood. (Mountain High camera, looking toward the fire)

5 Likes

This is not good, Guys.

5 Likes

Yeah @Penitentes drift smoke. This is my backyard (literally) and I know this area very well. If this does what I think it will things will have changed in a not so good way.
Chino cam shows the width of smoke column pushed east:

4 Likes

LAC Just punched out the following Alpha S/Ts to San Antonio Dam:
1109A BC9A E20, 28, 30, 31, 118
1119A BC?? E32, 44, 97, 151, 152
11__A BC19 E26, 61, 101, 119, 182

7 Likes

Trigger point reached. Standing up 2 structure defense groups, Icehouse and Village. 2 Alphas STEN from BDC and 2 from LAC (surge) and a FTrot
EDIT: radio traffic with structure def brch stating fire is headed for Cow Canyon Saddle “with extreme fire behavior”
Edit at 1610: Fire has topped the ridge and is backing down to Mt Baldy Road…
Image from Sunset adding to the confirmation, it will overtop Cow Saddle soon:

8 Likes