CA-BDF-Vista ???

Gobblers knob is one of the coolest views in the that part of the canyon. Good idea to go there.

6 Likes

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/evacuation-orders-issued-for-trails-at-mt-baldy-amid-fast-moving-wildfire/

2 Likes

115 acres. Fire remained active overnight. Additional AC, crews and equipment ordered.(per Watch Duty)

2 Likes

Looks like she is still going strong.

6 Likes

Has been all day. Chewing up canyon to the SW.

5 Likes

Any discussion concerning cause, origin, on near road\trail dispersed camping area, long holiday weekend. Just curious. Any local shot crews around for this. A nor cal type fire in so cal.

Likely an “overlander” at the yellow post sites.

3 Likes

Does anyone have a scanner link for this fire?

You can try SoCalMtns.com scanner, but it has all SBCo traffic as well. It had some scratchy traffic on Saturday from the Vista, but not much now: BIG BEAR - BALDWIN LAKE - LIVE SCANNER

4 Likes

Good view of it burning along the ridge from here:
https://ops.alertcalifornia.org/cam-console/2355

Edit: moved the camera as soon as I posted

3 Likes

What are the “yellow posts”?

1 Like

Dispersed/primitive camping sites that are marked with yellow posts. Apparently its just a San Bernardino thing as I’m learning

4 Likes
3 Likes

How close is the fire to crossing Lytle Creek (the creek not the town)? The nightime IR makes it seem like the fire is bumping the area now. Would put the fire in alignment but in the Blue Cut scar.

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, is the Blue Cut much of a scar at this point? I haven’t been up there in years.

2 Likes

This is an important question. If it crosses Lytle Creek on the east side of the fire it will be in alignment to make a run towards gobblers nob and then potentially traverse the top of Lone pine canyon towards Wrightwood.

4 Likes

Blue cut scar has had a lot of re growth and a high dead to life ratio. that being said, I would say that it would be a good place of opportunity to make a good stop,
As one that has lived in Wrightwood for over 30 years and also went thru the blue cut fire, that fire nuked the burn foot print and has not fully recovered .
also spent my last 30 years in wildland fire fighting

15 Likes

That answers my question perfectly. Thank you for the Intel sir.

2 Likes

the Blue cut, was that the one we lost the airtanker on?

1 Like

Good guess, but no run. See what anvilhead posted in the IA forum:

3 Likes