CA-BDU-Airport ??

https://rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/?sat=goes-17&sec=conus&x=8055.00048828125&y=3954.000244140625&z=4&angle=0&im=18&ts=1&st=0&et=0&speed=130&motion=loop&maps[borders]=white&lat=0&p[0]=cira_natural_fire_color&opacity[0]=1&pause=0&slider=-1&hide_controls=1&mouse_draw=0&follow_feature=0&follow_hide=0&s=rammb-slider&draw_color=FFD700&draw_width=6

That time of year for the OVY…Valley floor dry and dormant with no green up till spring and snow melt what is left of it. Fun fires until it gets into Salt Grass!!!

4 Likes

2 additional tankers ordered.

2 Likes

Sounds like tankers 85 and 90 are going to be staffed out of McClellan. As the 2 tankers ordered from Texas wouldn’t make it to the fire before cutoff.

3 Likes

Does anyone know what the resource req are going to look like. Also what they have filled or trying to fill?

1 Like

Thank you for this! I was trying to find what camera had it. My hubs ST is on it’s way soon.

6 Likes

What strike team?

His strike team is 9310c.

3 Likes

I’m sure my unit request is coming also. Thanks

2 Likes

Be safe out there!

2 Likes

Your typical wind driven fire in the OVY. When the shadows hit and the wind dies down the rate of spread will slow tonite. Did a lot of brush release around the Dishes( Caltech Owens Valley Radio Observatory) when I ran crew out of OVY. Going to be chilly cutting line on that fire tonight.

8 Likes

Yep
And they typically are long skinny fires. I’ve fought that same fire in the same dirt at least 3 times in my career.

6 Likes

Yeah I’ve reported on them a few times too… Just like the grass fires in the central valley and foothills that are in the same places every year… Only difference is that they generally don’t start happening in February.

3 Likes

RRU in the mix with an Alpha STEN woth B3116 (Peanut)
Is the fire burning towards Bishop?

2 Likes

Thats a long run to Lone Pine. Have to go by/thru Independence and then some. I would say that would never happen, BUT after the last five Fire Season, well, what I thought was not possible happened.

10 Likes

Started in Bishop burning south

3 Likes

#AirportFire off Airport Road and East Line Street, east of Bishop in Inyo County is 2,800 acres and 0% contained. CAL FIRE San Bernardino/Inyo/Mono Unit

For more information: https://fire.ca.gov/incidents/2022/2/16/airport-fire/

Any order request yet for more strike teams?

3 Likes

Yep. Saved by the single day AAV haha

2 Likes

It’s February! ! That pic looks like October! That cold dry air can really effect fuel moisture, just like October. (Just a 60° temperature difference).
Be careful out there

3 Likes