CA-BDU-South

3 Likes

Fire now across Lytle Creek Rd and into the wash east of main fire.

4 Likes

FIRIS INTEL-24 183 ACRES

4 Likes

BDC ST BC129 ME74, 77, 221, 226, 161
BDC ST6214A BC806 ME65, 172, 213, 241, 264

Just dispatched.

4 Likes

What is this SkyMap7 thing, very accurate…

1 Like

(10) type 1 crews-hotshots preferred, (5) strike team’s Type 3, 4 or 6, (10) immediate need engines Type 3, 4, or 6 (10) water tenders, (6) divisions….

4 Likes

Skymap is overlay that ABC 7 in LA has on their camera on copter. I think a couple of other stations are getting it now too, at least 1 in San Diego. Gives you a great idea of where it is, I am not sure but I think KCRA is Sac may have it this year too

1 Like

Looks like it spotted to the east side of lytle creek and is running up the other side.

1 Like

Spot fire is north of Meyers Canyon Road and running towards the West End Gun Club.

1 Like

Wind and slope aligned. An entire other can of worms opened.

3 Likes

@CALFIREBDU Update via Twitter:

South Fire Update: 500 acres, 0% containment. 600 structures threatened, 1000 residents under evacuation. 1 firefighter transported with a minor injury. Continued threat to high voltage transmission lines.

4 Likes

Any updates on size?

IR from 6 hours ago was 616 acres

6 Likes

Per Cal Fire Incident Page - 700 Acres, 0% containment, 18 structures destroyed

South Fire Incident Page

1 Like

Active fire on DIV A

Update: based on the live video the active fire is at the left flank on the east side of Lytle Creek on DIV M

3 Likes

Live video: https://ktla.com/news/local-news/south-fire-680-acres-burned-homes-destroyed-as-evacuation-orders-remain-in-place-for-lytle-creek-area/

Based on the live video, the fire keeps chewing through the retardant on the left shoulder heading up to Penstock ridge. So far, the retardant has prevented the fire from making head fire runs.

UPDATE: 15:51

The fire has completely chewed through the retardant on the left shoulder, is in alignment and making head runs. The fire also crossed Penstock ridge and is moving towards the Gun club

4 Likes

FIRIS INTEL-24 Enroute

Well they tricked me again! didnt stop and map, perhaps needed some fuel.

New starts off the 15 and Duncan. Being ran with support from the south incident.

2 Likes

3 fires largest is a mulch pile. Other 2 in mop up.

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: CA-BDF-Roadside