CA-BTU-Dixie?

Screen shot of Lines in That area.

2 Likes

Air show is hitting Grizzly Ridge hard this morning. Any intel if that spot is trying to take off? Tnk131, Tanker914, MAFFS2,4,5 all there.

GOES is also showing some column development on that side.

3 Likes

When is the north flank going to wake up on Dixie? Been looking into it a little. CalTopo’s perimeter layer is showing some new spot fires on a couple of the mini-volcanoes just outside of Caribou Wilderness. I cruised a bunch of wind-throw timber up along that road in the 90s - those volcanoes create little wind tunnels, and those little spots aren’t in a great place - could squirt out of there and over that dozer line pretty quick if we get back to SW flow.

Have I mentioned lately how awesome CalTopo is? Where can I buy stock?

12 Likes

How are you getting the Dozer line to showup in CalTopo?

8 Likes

This does not sound like good news at all. Of course for Genesee, also bad news for Quincy through Greenhorn:
“Aug 20th 3:15 PM Operational Update
A strong north wind has pushed the Dixie Fire across Genassee Valley Road, according to the Fire Operations Branch Chief for that Branch 25 Firefighters and engines are actively engaged with many spots all across the road and structure protection is underway.” From USFS Plumas on Facebook.

8 Likes

I heard some traffic about some threat to town of Quincy. Any updates? I don’t see much on the cameras.

1 Like

Deep geeking. Send a PM if you want details.

8 Likes

Is N57112 the Courtney IR bird?

Yes, also N501TC is Courtney IR plane.

Fire is active on floor of Genesee Valley at Heart K Ranch at about 3pm. Fire likely to run Grizzly Ridge toward Quincy west of 2019 Walker Fire. Elsewhere, not much spread toward Mill Creek. New maps posted at Dixie Fire – 8/20/2021 – The Lookout

9 Likes

Flew right over the fire this afternoon.
This would be QQ just north of Genesee Valley from 20k alt.

This is Lassen Sector from about 14k. This column is between Horseshoe and Summit Lakes in the park.

34 Likes

Wow, great pic’s norcalscan!

Thanks for the verification. Are both Aerocommanders?
I’m a plane geek, so it’s important. Lol

1 Like

Video about the Eagle Fire incidents:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Emerging Technology

911 call reporting a “flare-up” near Doyle. That’s quite a ways southwest of the Janesville spot, no?
Radio traffic kinda shined it.

Reported to branch XX by Dixie east comms.

The flare up is well inside the perimeter of the sugar fire above Doyle which is well south of Janesville on 395.

1 Like

Informationally, the Dixie Fire West Zone feed I have been providing on Broadcastify will be going dark at 1500hrs today. The incident will be taking down NIFC C56 on Bald Mountain and that is the only repeater that my scanner could hear.

9 Likes

Will it still have any of the East Zone traffic?

That is the scanner feed someone has been providing from susanville, I cant speak to that ones status. Mine is in Chico and cant hear any of the east zone traffic.

2 Likes