CA-BTU-Dixie?

Either way…bad news.

10 Likes

From what I’ve seen on the cameras, I would agree with you

4 Likes

Evacuations expanding again:

Due to fire on Butterfly Valley Road, the East side of Keddie, Round House Road and Old Hwy (WEST) has been upgraded to a MANDATORY EVACUATION ORDER. Please leave the area immediately! Evacuate eastbound to 59 Bell Lane in Quincy.

Due to fire activity, a MANDATORY EVACUATION ORDER has been issued for a portion of Chandler Rd from Hwy 70 at Chandler Rd west, to Oakland Camp. Please leave the area immediately! Evacuate eastbound to 59 Bell Lane in Quincy.

2 Likes

Sure looks to be a new start to me as well.

1 Like

The new fire is approx 4.5 miles north of #Quincy around Hwy 70 & Butterfly Valley Twain Rd. Emergency traffic resolved w/ AA now heading back around to this side of the fire for recon. All tankers look to be on a hold.

Calling it the Fly fire and have a lot of structures in the area.

2 Likes

It definitely does

If this fire has been confirmed to be new, would someone please start a new Q&D with validated information.

Thank you

3 Likes

The tankers are working it now and it will be certainly absorbed into the dixie management.

6 Likes

Whether it is new, a spot, a holdover, etc., it will not be long before this, whatever it is will be influenced by the massive Dixie column and air movement.

11 Likes

Looking a tad apocalypticish here in Chester, including some trees torching on the east side of the hill-line east of Butt Lake (thus moving down towards 89 and West Shore). Had a CalFire helo come in, the guys on board said it’s still a few days away if it gets here at all.

10 Likes

Anyone here working at the helibase? If so send me a PM or let me know and Ill send you one. Couple quick questions. Thanks. Be safe.

From the Causeway

13 Likes

Damn those are some impressive pics, thanks!

2 Likes

20210722_195625

12 Likes

Fly Fire

6 Likes

6 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Evacuation warning vs order??

As a side note Tornado, one of the things we can do and have done in the past is split topics such as Dixie Evac Warnings into it’s own thread using the same naming convention. Here’s a sample of what that might look like: CA-BTU-Dixie Evacuation Warnings/Orders Discussion??

7 Likes

We used that process in 2020 for the Lake Fire as there were a ton of photos coming in, which while very valuable became quite congestive to the incident information coming in so we broke it off into it’s own category and discussion

3 Likes

theres another start, 2.5 miles NW of round valley res

3 Likes