CA-BTU-PARK-2024???

inskip camera looks ominous

4 Likes

Looks like column is collapsing

4 Likes

Yes. Team 4 is taking the SHU and TGU portion. Officially activated.

6 Likes

colby mtn 2 cam 360 view shows 3 dozers working around the site and the spot they were working with retardant east of 32 looks to have some flame now

2 Likes

I think it has become another camera casualty. Inskip got real sporty before cutting out…

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: CA-SHU/SHF-Bend??

There’s large KV lines in that viewing area , I thought I saw a flash and then ? I would have thought power would have been rerouted?

2 Likes

new start reported as power lines down.

also fire has jumped hwy 36 at paynes creek station moving toward inskip lookout. establishing manton structure group now

2 Likes

I see Paradise and Magalia under evac warning. They just activated warning status for Magalia. Not sure why.

1 Like

Still up as of 2130

1 Like

Those are 2 of the 3 500 kilovolt lines from north to south. Major critical transmission of power for all of California. IDK what the plan is with them but they are very critical in times of high power demand. The other one is on the other side of I-5 out of the area but the 2 run side by side here and the fire has them right in the middle.

10 Likes

Regarding Paradise, Zones 01-14 are now Warnings for evacuations, per Butte Co Sheriff.

3 Likes

239,152 acres

7 Likes

So total guess but what I’m seeing from Inks Ridge Camera it looks to be about to reach the Battle Creek drainage

1 Like

I see that now? Idk, I musta caught it in the middle of a glitch?!

1 Like

Does anyone have any knowledge on why, thought the fire was being held at Hwy32 and winds were blowing in sse direction. What changed.

2 Likes

Winds have been blowing FROM the South/Southeast

1 Like

The fire has burned over 40 miles in about 54 hours. By my estimation it is now over 300,000 acres. Here is a map showing what else is within 40 miles of the most active portions. (Rings at 10 mile intervals).
2021 Dixie Fire in blue, at top.
Not saying it’s going to Burney, but just wanted to share this for a sense of scale.

37 Likes

So the big question is: When it hits any portion of the Dixie scar will that slow it enough to get a handle on it? I am hoping it could be at 89 above Mineral?

1 Like

YES! Unfortunately most humans need to be schooled that there is the fire in whatever shape/form, there is safety & there is risk! Those are 3 separate things. This reminds me, wouldn’t it be helpful as heck if everyone understood power of fire vs power of the wind concept? This is bueno!! Thanx for sharing…

1 Like